DM800SE with Motorized satellite

Sexywedge

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone have instructions how to set it up.

I currently have it pointing to 28E but would like to be able to go to other sats to utilise this new C-line I received from my "daddy" :)

All help appreciated.

Menu/setup/service searching/tuner configuration/

Set to simple and motorised/usals ensuring you edit details to match your co ordinates.

It's unclear from your post if your dish is attached to a motor.

I will assume you are fixed at the moment and refer you to the excellent stickies here ..

European Satellite Chat

It's unclear from your post if your dish is attached to a motor.

I will assume you are fixed at the moment and refer you to the excellent stickies here ..

European Satellite Chat

The dish it attached to a motor, it previously was used for a technomate which i used it to pint to 28e and then plugged in the dreambox and been using it to watch S*Y. I now wish to use the reciver to watch other sats.

The dish it attached to a motor, it previously was used for a technomate which i used it to pint to 28e and then plugged in the dreambox and been using it to watch S*Y. I now wish to use the reciver to watch other sats.

As Abu says above then,Press Menu-setup-service searching-tuner configuration

Set it to

Simple
Positioner

Then enter your latitude and longitude and your good to go,providing of course that your motor is installed properly :)

That will work, although I normally use dishpointer.com. Same thing really as they get details from google maps.

For longitude remember positive is East. If you a re in the west, forget the minus sign and ensure it shows west instead of east.

Once I have done this, do I just do a service scan or scan for specific satellites?

Ok, sorry to ask a simple question, but where do i get these from?

They can usually be downloaded through the image on the box,
on most Pli based images if you press Green twice then chose settings,there are a few in there

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like i broke the box, tried doing a single satellite 13E and it picked up channels. tried an automatic scan and it too ages so stopped and now it is not even moving the dish, tried flashing it with the same image (digitalworlds v1.1) and it is still not moving the dish. and it is now green screening :(

I think I may know what happenned, I probably tried to move the dish to a sat off its scale and blew the motor, I have also tried my openbox and my old technomate and neither are moving the Dish.

That'l teach me to not mess around with this.
Anyone recommend a sat man willing to change a Dish motor in the North London area.

Plus I have wasted money on a good CLINE :(

I think I may know what happenned, I probably tried to move the dish to a sat off its scale and blew the motor, I have also tried my openbox and my old technomate and neither are moving the Dish.

That'l teach me to not mess around with this.
Anyone recommend a sat man willing to change a Dish motor in the North London area.

Plus I have wasted money on a good CLINE :(

You should be able to reset your motor,on the underneath there is a tiny reset button,you will need something small and pointy though :)

Can anyone recommend someone in the North London area with a decent ladder and a head for heights?

I got someone to go up and attempted to reset the motor. It looks like the motor had burned itself out. It looks like it will need a motor for a 90CM dish. Can anyone recommend a good place to purchase and a fitter?

Back