DM800se OLED issue

tronk777

Inactive User
Reaction score
Have had DW V1.1 back up image for years no problems, have just changed to latest Rats DW back up, July 2014, everything works fine except oled, it's on when booting up it also works when i pull up the epg or any menu choice, but just watching telly the oled is blank, nothing on it at all, it also work when i power off, the clock display is there. Its not a big issue but a very annoying one !

Any body have any ideas ?

Cheers guys

Have had DW V1.1 back up image for years no problems, have just changed to latest Rats DW back up, July 2014, everything works fine except oled, it's on when booting up it also works when i pull up the epg or any menu choice, but just watching telly the oled is blank, nothing on it at all, it also work when i power off, the clock display is there. Its not a big issue but a very annoying one !

Any body have any ideas ?

Cheers guys

I could be wrong and @Rat will confirm this but Rats images may be setup to show picons on the OLED front display. So if your not using picons that could be the reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I could be wrong and @Rat will confirm this but Rats images may be setup to show picons on the OLED front display. So if your not using picons that could be the reason.

Gotcha, that makes sense, will give it a try, away for weekend so can't do it till Monday, will let you know

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
I Have had this before the file gets corrupted in some way this should fix the problem follow the instructions below.

extract the zip and put the skin_display96.xml file in /usr/share/enigma2
and overwrite the existing one

once done, restart enigma2

Attachments

• skin_display96.rar
    1.7 KB · Views: 4
Ok, all sorted now, tried Napster's suggestion first, no luck, then thought about Ferret's comments and realised i had been trying to update picons when folder was empty, ftp'd picons to usb folder updated and hey presto lovely nice picon's in oled.

cheers for all the help guys :excited:

Back