DM800SE kaput ?

darren221980

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Morning guys,

My DM800SE has had the image openpli-4.0-beta-dm800se-20140405-sim2-ssl84d.nfi on it for at least 6 months without any issues and has been in standby for a few days until yesterday morning when i turned it on.

When i turned it on i got the following two messages show up on the display:-

"...NO CA or image 2nd failed..."

then followed this message:-

"...BIOS NO CA FOUND..."

I thought i'd just attempt to reflash it however powering the box off completely followed by holding in the mini flashup button while powering it back on, just results in the same messages been shown on the display.

So i followed the instructions from this page. Specifically i managed to repair the NO CA FOUND error and then as shown in post 49 the app says now ready for Network web interface. So at this point i have tried to flash my image to the box via Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, however after clicking on the flash button nothing uploads to the box.

I'm at a loss as to what caused it to go tits up seeing as no one has been using it.

Any idea's / suggestions to fix this?

Thanks,

Darren

Morning guys,

My DM800SE has had the image openpli-4.0-beta-dm800se-20140405-sim2-ssl84d.nfi on it for at least 6 months without any issues and has been in standby for a few days until yesterday morning when i turned it on.

When i turned it on i got the following two messages show up on the display:-

"...NO CA or image 2nd failed..."

then followed this message:-

"...BIOS NO CA FOUND..."

I thought i'd just attempt to reflash it however powering the box off completely followed by holding in the mini flashup button while powering it back on, just results in the same messages been shown on the display.

So i followed the instructions from this page. Specifically i managed to repair the NO CA FOUND error and then as shown in post 49 the app says now ready for Network web interface. So at this point i have tried to flash my image to the box via Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome, however after clicking on the flash button nothing uploads to the box.

I'm at a loss as to what caused it to go tits up seeing as no one has been using it.

Any idea's / suggestions to fix this?

Thanks,

Darren

Try flash it with DreamUP mate you can do that with the network option ticked this will be quick or just flash with a mini usb cable slow but sure will take around an hour.

Obviously make sure you use an image for your sim type.

Try flash it with DreamUP mate you can do that with the network option ticked this will be quick or just flash with a mini usb cable slow but sure will take around an hour.

Obviously make sure you use an image for your sim type.

thanks, i'll download DreamUP and give that a go later this afternoon.

when using DreamUP, how long does the message of:-

"...upload complete, waiting for acknowledgement..."

usually stay on screen for after up the flashloader?

Mine has been on this screen for the last 10 minutes, isn't it meant to ask me for a image file to upload to the receiver?

when using DreamUP, how long does the message of:-

"...upload complete, waiting for acknowledgement..."

usually stay on screen for after up the flashloader?

Mine has been on this screen for the last 10 minutes, isn't it meant to ask me for a image file to upload to the receiver?

Well if its not flashed by now its not going to.

Is this with the use of a Mini USB cable ?

So are you getting the turn on your dreambox message and then you get the upload complete waiting for acknowledgement or do you not get asked to turn on the Dreambox ? Are you sure the cable is a know good cable ?

Try an older or newer version of DreamUP if you feel the cable is good.

So are you getting the turn on your dreambox message and then you get the upload complete waiting for acknowledgement or do you not get asked to turn on the Dreambox ? Are you sure the cable is a know good cable ?

i get the turn your dreambox on message, and then upload completed message but nothing else happens. This is with DreamUP v1.3.3.11.

I'll dig out some more mini usb cables and see if they make any difference, if not i'll try another version of DreamUP

Tried two other mini usb cables and also another version of DreamUP (v1.3.3.7). Still getting no further, the "Flash" button just remains greyed out as well so i can't even press that.

I have a friends DM800Se with same symptoms. I need to pursue it further. I tried an older Optiflasher. It asked for a cross-over cable. I left it at that. I vaguely remember, you have to edit the network card details to progress.

U need to be using a patched dreamup Google that

sent from iPad air using tapatalk

Got it going. Most probably poor connection with the SIM card. Cleaned SIM card and lifted the contacts slightly. I had also removed the tuner module and tried another. Hope this helps.

Got it going. Most probably poor connection with the SIM card. Cleaned SIM card and lifted the contacts slightly. I had also removed the tuner module and tried another. Hope this helps.

I can't believe it! After all the faffing around i've done, taking it apart and cleaning the tiny bit of dust out, wiping the sim card over and then powering it back on seems to have fixed mine too :)

If there is a problem with No CA Found in DM800se Sunray SR - 4 just use miniflash back side the box and in a minute you will not solve the problem if yor boxes show NO CA FOUND that's means you can not find the IP the boot loader will not go to the stage of discover IP

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back