dm800hd pvr clone. Well it arrived and I'm in despair!

swhaq

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ok Guys Help please,

After thinking I'd been ripped off the 800hd arrived today. I have flashed it with a Blackhole image and now after i go to astra 28 and save it says it has to reboot. Can someone please give me a hand and some fool proof advice as to how i can make this thing work. Cheers in advance:Angryfire

Don't use Blackhole images they are either really old or converted VU+ images that have more issues than enough.

Use another image group mate.

Last edited:
I haven't a clue where to start. I think I have to post some more before I can download the ones on here. Can you advise me does that mean post new questions or just replying to threads. Its and absolute nightmare and I'm ready for drop kicking it.

i have GP3-dm800-2013-04-12-ramiMAHER in my dm800 in the bedroom it's good image

I need an image that is simple to use the image that was on here was sim something or other but it wouldnt let me do anything and was programmed for singapore.

Don't use Blackhole images they are either really old or converted VU+ images that have more issues than enough.

Use another image group mate.

Ok Guys, I've flashed open pli image now but when I scan it doesn't find anything. Do I need to load a channel list first? Or wha?

If your dish is positioned correctly it should scan in.

Openpli is a good choice. Have you got you tuner config setup correctly for your dish type ?

What do you have fixed dish, Motor multi lnb ?

I have a fixed dish and its working 100% on dm500 the issue is it keeps telling me to configure the tuner and my options seem very limited can you advise me on this please?
It say confguration enabled and then when I click it its says dvb c blah blah blah I've been at this thing for hours now so all help would be good before the final Game of Thrones tonight folks.

I have a fixed dish and its working 100% on dm500 the issue is it keeps telling me to configure the tuner and my options seem very limited can you advise me on this please?
It say confguration enabled and then when I click it its says dvb c blah blah blah I've been at this thing for hours now so all help would be good before the final Game of Thrones tonight folks.

On your remote

Menu-setup-service searching-tuner config.

Set it up like this

Simple
Single

And select 28e

Then rescan.

Hi, I followed all that and once I hit tuner configuration nothing comes up only some highlighted dvb thing. Once I click it It brings up network ID, user service scan type and a whole list of Scan QAN11-SCAN QAN 254 Its doing my head in

i could never get B/H to work right on my DM 800HDse clone, although it is great on my VU+Solo2, for thr DM i would recommend Nemesis 2.6 its rock stable,fast & reliable

Hi, I followed all that and once I hit tuner configuration nothing comes up only some highlighted dvb thing. Once I click it It brings up network ID, user service scan type and a whole list of Scan QAN11-SCAN QAN 254 Its doing my head in

All that info suggest you have a cable version box and not a sat box mate.

Is that what you thought you had and want help scanning for cable channels ?

He needs to find out what DVB he has, whether it is a C as people think. He can always swap it for an DVB-S if he wants to use satellite?

He needs to find out what DVB he has, whether it is a C as people think. He can always swap it for an DVB-S if he wants to use satellite?

Correct if his tuner is plug and play,but if he did order a dvb-s box then he has been ripped off as he first suspected ;)

You know that old go with your gut instinct saying..........well yes I have been ripped off they sent a cable box which is as usefull as a chocolate fireguard to me. Can I replace any parts to make it sat?? I feckin hate being ripped off. I dread to think how long they'll take to get back to me if at all.

yes open the dm and see it the tuner is plugin if it is just buy a sat tuner for it

You know that old go with your gut instinct saying..........well yes I have been ripped off they sent a cable box which is as usefull as a chocolate fireguard to me. Can I replace any parts to make it sat?? I feckin hate being ripped off. I dread to think how long they'll take to get back to me if at all.

If the tuner is a plug and play one then yes you can swap it for a sat one

Cheers, well before I have any more great disappointments can someone please advise me on what I should be buying and maybe pm me with where from aswell.

Back