DM800HD clone reboots on certain channels

coolnow

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've read a thread on the web about this happening to another person, and they upgraded to a genuine one and the problem was fixed. Basically, since yesterday, whenever i flick to a certain channel (most likely HD) such as Disney Cinemagic, the box reboots. Sky Sports 1 HD seems fine...

It's never happened before, ever, but today i got a "Tune Failed" for quite a long time, even after 2 reboots. Has the box crapped out? Do i need to get a genuine one?

If so, which is the best place? Thanks for the help guys!

I've read a thread on the web about this happening to another person, and they upgraded to a genuine one and the problem was fixed. Basically, since yesterday, whenever i flick to a certain channel (most likely HD) such as Disney Cinemagic, the box reboots. Sky Sports 1 HD seems fine...

It's never happened before, ever, but today i got a "Tune Failed" for quite a long time, even after 2 reboots. Has the box crapped out? Do i need to get a genuine one?

If so, which is the best place? Thanks for the help guys!

hi m8 try new image

Damn, new image doesn't do jack (PHOENIX EDITION unofficial), updated BL too, still crashes on channel change randomly, and tried transferring bouquet and epg to usb still rebooting. Just starting a few days ago with intermittent TUNE FAILED messages, is that causing the rebooting?

I'm now having this issue with mine, happens on gemini 5.1 and sim201e_DreamEliteBH_DM800_133D ssl76. Will try another image tomorrow

That looks like something inside is sitting very very close to the chassis and a slight knock is making it short and reboot p.s I wouldnt go doing it too often.

That looks like something inside is sitting very very close to the chassis and a slight knock is making it short and reboot p.s I wouldnt go doing it too often.

Stripped box and all looks okay, put another image on but i will have to wait till the missus has watched Paul Ogrady befor i can try it

Interesting theory mate, but due to the intermittent tune failed messages i decided to get a new tuner too. The box won't even fully boot up now, reboots 1/5th of the boot process :/

I tried a tuner from a working box and I still having the same problems, so i assume its box or iamge related problem

I had the same thing with my clone almost year ago. Had to change receiver, there was no other solution...

I tried working tuner on mine but no good, shop i bought box from has had to send the board back to china for repair

Guys,

Its just a theory but I would try another power supply adapter and see what happens....

I have got to agree, the power supply could be the problem.

tried power supply from a known working box, still the same. There is info about this on another forum, pm me if u want a link

Back