DM800se No signal but S*Y Box does! Dreambox works on another dish:wtf:

smit05

Inactive User
Reaction score
DM800se No signal but S*Y Box does! Dreambox works on another dish!!!

I just took my friend his DM800se (clone) back round to him, freshly loaded with Pli 4.0 backup image.
I'd checked the box before I left and was even carrying a spare.
Basically his dish had been knocked so I got it re-aligned for him but to my surprise I got 'Tune Failed' on every channel when I plugged the box in.
I tried his original s*y box which worked fine, so I went on to try the spare Dreambox I was carrying. This also returned 'Tune Failed' on every channel (that I tried).
The signal had been re checked by the dish man and was really good.
I brought both dreamboxes back home....and viola....they work perfectly!
Any ideas guys? signal too strong perhaps? too weak but good enough for sub box?
HELP PLEASE :wtf:

Last edited:
Re: DM800se No signal but S*Y Box does! Dreambox works on another dish!!!

Possible that the sky tuner is more sensitive so signal is present.

As both boxes work on your dish and the sky box show signal i guess thats the case and the alignment of his dish is not spot on.

I would also say it could be an LNB issue but as the shy box is working it can not be.

Some Sky quad LNBs have an issue when two receivers are plugged into them. If this applies to him, try switching off the other receiver/disconnect co-ax

Some Sky quad LNBs have an issue when two receivers are plugged into them. If this applies to him, try switching off the other receiver/disconnect co-ax

Only 1 receiver on at at time.

The guy that aligned the dish did tests that check the integrity of the LNB as well as showing the signal strength was good. I think possibly the signal is still that little bit too weak for the Dreambox.

I'm going to try a new piece of cable between the dish and the box as soon as I get a chance.

Only 1 receiver on at at time.

The guy that aligned the dish did tests that check the integrity of the LNB as well as showing the signal strength was good. I think possibly the signal is still that little bit too weak for the Dreambox.

I'm going to try a new piece of cable between the dish and the box as soon as I get a chance.

Why you doubting the cable the alignment would be the most likely culprit followed be the LNB.

check the F connector, could be that the centre conductor might not be quite long enough to make contact in the female F on the dreambox's

check the F connector, could be that the centre conductor might not be quite long enough to make contact in the female F on the dreambox's

Checked and double checked (as standard)

- - - Updated - - -

Why you doubting the cable the alignment would be the most likely culprit followed be the LNB.

Funny you should have replied with that.
On reflection, I think you are right. I'll post back when I have got the dish looked at again (this will be 3rd time!)

p.s. thanks for the input guys :)

- - - Updated - - -

Is the other one completely powered off or in standby?

Only 1 STB connected to dish at a time

Check with another 12V PSU.

as above,
I have also had issuses with dm800s and amiko boxes that dont like zinwell lnbs, although they normally only have issues on some transponders.

Checked and double checked (as standard)

- - - Updated - - -

Funny you should have replied with that.
On reflection, I think you are right. I'll post back when I have got the dish looked at again (this will be 3rd time!)

p.s. thanks for the input guys :)

- - - Updated - - -

Only 1 STB connected to dish at a time

This time make sure the 800 is there when the installer tweaks the dish.

as above,
I have also had issuses with dm800s and amiko boxes that dont like zinwell lnbs, although they normally only have issues on some transponders.

Weird thing is, this box worked on this dish (and LNB) before it moved out of alignment.

- - - Updated - - -

This time make sure the 800 is there when the installer tweaks the dish.

The box was there first time round when he tweaked the dish. I actually thought it was a box problem rather than the dish, especially being that the sub box worked ok.

Back