DM8000 around the corner ?

299 pounds or not,that price is ridiculous.It would not cost much more to produce than the 500c at all.I Will wait 3 months and buy a clone from china tbh.they will probably have hdmi instead of dvi also

for me in Ireland its slightly different cause our encryption looks to be changing soon,so it could become redundant.So im a bit more hesitant but in saying that i honestly think dream multimedia are killing themselves with the pricing of their products,if people arent gona pay for the service in the first place,then common sence would say that they will buy knockoff dreamboxes instead of authentic.Bad pricing imo

299 pounds or not,that price is ridiculous.It would not cost much more to produce than the 500c at all.I Will wait 3 months and buy a clone from china tbh.they will probably have hdmi instead of dvi also

for me in Ireland its slightly different cause our encryption looks to be changing soon,so it could become redundant.So im a bit more hesitant but in saying that i honestly think dream multimedia are killing themselves with the pricing of their products,if people arent gona pay for the service in the first place,then common sence would say that they will buy knockoff dreamboxes instead of authentic.Bad pricing imo

To tell you the truth m8 i think your talking a lot of c*ap the dreambox will do n1 n2 n3 and even what we dont like to talk about nds how is it going to be redundant and to tell you the truth i have seen lots of clones and you can tell they are cheap you are paying over the odds for clones people are paying 80 to 90 pounds for some thing that is not even worth that its cheap now if people want to buy from dream and buy something that is backed for a year by them as in parts you dont get that with a clone , ok its the new d-box but they could have just made it closed source when they made it might not have been as big but we all love it if some one wants to pay 299 for a hd receiver thats up to them i will have one in three weeks and think its money well spent as alot of people will

I agree with VJ on that - the price IS ridiculously high - they are not that pricey to make! and with the exclusion of an hdmi you may as well sub a V+ for 12 months and ditch the subs - keep the box, 70 quid for the V+ and a fiver a month for 12 months is 130 quid! AND it is better - with a hdcp compliant HDMI and full replacement guarantee for a year!

If you are prepared to spend 300 quid on a box for one channel in a climate as uncertain as uk hd telly on the cable service then you are either rich - in which case nice one, or a mug :(

To tell you the truth m8 i think your talking a lot of c*ap the dreambox will do n1 n2 n3 and even what we dont like to talk about nds how is it going to be redundant and to tell you the truth i have seen lots of clones and you can tell they are cheap you are paying over the odds for clones people are paying 80 to 90 pounds for some thing that is not even worth that its cheap now if people want to buy from dream and buy something that is backed for a year by them as in parts you dont get that with a clone , ok its the new d-box but they could have just made it closed source when they made it might not have been as big but we all love it if some one wants to pay 299 for a hd receiver thats up to them i will have one in three weeks and think its money well spent as alot of people will

PMSL is the hack likely to be worth £299? could be months/if at all a fix for N2 is found.

V*rgin will want their box back.....

I agree with VJ on that - the price IS ridiculously high - they are not that pricey to make! and with the exclusion of an hdmi you may as well sub a V+ for 12 months and ditch the subs - keep the box, 70 quid for the V+ and a fiver a month for 12 months is 130 quid! AND it is better - with a hdcp compliant HDMI and full replacement guarantee for a year!

If you are prepared to spend 300 quid on a box for one channel in a climate as uncertain as uk hd telly on the cable service then you are either rich - in which case nice one, or a mug :(

Hi,
I like your maths but the box is only on loan from Virg*n Med*a. They will probably take that nice PVR back at the end of your contract.....Won't they?

AFAIK you are only renting the V+ box. They are hardly likely to let you keep £150-£250 worth of STB.

Of course I'd love to be proved wrong!
Regards

To tell you the truth m8 i think your talking a lot of c*ap the dreambox will do n1 n2 n3

now your talking shit,the dm 500 clone that i have will do N1,N2 and probably N3.doesnt mean they will be hacked does it?
Why would i fork out 299 quid on a box that for me in Ireland and most likely you guys in the uk soon,will be redundant when they change to an encryption that isnt hacked.Some encryptions have never been hacked.

the price they charge for their products is a joke,its not like its top quality pioneer stuff,as much as i like dm there products are not made with top end parts and their price should reflect that.they overcharge and are just asking for people to buy clones.maybe if they charged 200,i might buy an original.

if it makes you feel good cause you will have one of the first in the country then fire ahead.the reality for you guys in the uk is that you will never see sky sports in hd etc and sky seem to be leading the way in developing hd channels over any other broadcaster.

In Ireland we might see them because murdoch does not have a gripe with upc but we havent got hd channels till the summer,by then a clone will be available.made with exactly the same parts,with a different tuner,that is perfectly capable for half the price.

DM are asking for people to buy clones

the comment you made about it supporting N1-3 just shows your ignorance to the development of exploiting encryptions!

when the new nagra 2 is released it may never be hacked,it makes no difference if the boxes hardware could in theory support a cam capable of decrypting it

Last edited:
is 300 hundred notes too much to pay for a powerful hd pvr like this?

I dont think so, regardless of the encryption, this is still a good device.

is 300 hundred notes too much to pay for a powerful hd pvr like this?

I dont think so, regardless of the encryption, this is still a good device.

oh im not debating whether its a good piece of kit,im sure its top notch,compared to the competition.even with the lack of hdmi,dvi will deliver an absolutely identical picture.

all im saying is that 300 notes is too much i feel,for what you are buying.thats simple enough because its just my opinion but its also the reason that dream are getting killed with clones.they are charging too much money.im not a scrooge,I have thousands of pounds of high end av gear but I refuse too pay 300 quid for it.personaly i will wait untill a clone is released simply because i think they are ripping people off,not because i cant afford it.

I wrote the previous long winded article to defend my views from 2 tones views,which i feel he wrote through rose coloured glasses

Last edited:
oh im not debating whether its a good piece of kit,im sure its top notch.even with the lack of hdmi,dvi will deliver an absolutely identical picture.

all im saying is that 300 notes is too much i feel,for what you are buying.thats simple enough because its just my opinion but its also the reason that dream are getting killed with clones.they are charging too much money.im not a scrooge,I have thousands of pounds of high end av gear but I refuse too pay 300 quid for it.personaly i will wait untill a clone is released simply because i think they are ripping people off,not because i cant afford it.

I wrote the previous long winded article to defend my views from 2 tones views,which i feel are through rose coloured glasses

yup, you are right. but it is still linux based, so if any hacking were to take place it should be pretty fruitful going on past behaviour :)

PMSL is the hack likely to be worth £299? could be months/if at all a fix for N2 is found.
pmsl well if you have a sat set up yes its well worth it and when you can cs with these receivers well its not a hack but its better than nothing so i would say for 299 yes its worth it would you not

Last edited:
Hi,
I like your maths but the box is only on loan from Virg*n Med*a. They will probably take that nice PVR back at the end of your contract.....Won't they?

AFAIK you are only renting the V+ box. They are hardly likely to let you keep £150-£250 worth of STB.

Of course I'd love to be proved wrong!
Regards

Oh theres always a way to keep em!

now your talking shit,the dm 500 clone that i have will do N1,N2 and probably N3.doesnt mean they will be hacked does it?
Why would i fork out 299 quid on a box that for me in Ireland and most likely you guys in the uk soon,will be redundant when they change to an encryption that isnt hacked.Some encryptions have never been hacked.

the price they charge for their products is a joke,its not like its top quality pioneer stuff,as much as i like dm there products are not made with top end parts and their price should reflect that.they overcharge and are just asking for people to buy clones.maybe if they charged 200,i might buy an original.

if it makes you feel good cause you will have one of the first in the country then fire ahead.the reality for you guys in the uk is that you will never see sky sports in hd etc and sky seem to be leading the way in developing hd channels over any other broadcaster.

In Ireland we might see them because murdoch does not have a gripe with upc but we havent got hd channels till the summer,by then a clone will be available.made with exactly the same parts,with a different tuner,that is perfectly capable for half the price.

DM are asking for people to buy clones

the comment you made about it supporting N1-3 just shows your ignorance to the development of exploiting encryptions!

when the new nagra 2 is released it may never be hacked,it makes no difference if the boxes hardware could in theory support a cam capable of decrypting it

yes i see what your saying but i for one will not be useing it for cable i will be useing it for a sky system that opens up the hd content a lot more

this receiver has worked on n1 n2 and n3 in cable and sky so why would it not work for you it can cs on these systems so if there was a hack on n2 in the rep of ireland then im sure the dreambox will work as im sure has been said in post here if im not wrong thats not ignorance thats what has been done

also it has work on n2 for sky and is doing cs on n3 cards if im not wrong so why would it not work on n2 upc if and when it go full a head what makes you think it wont sky never had a prob

if you want to wait for a clone then thats your thing but alot of people want to get the real thing when it comes some people have been waiting a long time for dream to do this o and the cloners as well should i not say

Last edited:
not to be smart but the last time i checked sky were using videogaurd and not n2

thats bskyb if im not wrong never said that, said n2 and n3 and it will cs a nds card with the right soft cam

they are all sky or sat systems you use a dish might not be nds but people say sky or sat

Last edited:
thats bskyb if im not wrong never said that, said n2 and n3 and it will cs a nds card with the right soft cam

they are all sky or sat systems you use a dish might not be nds but people say sky or sat

I agree m8, you can use a softcam as long as you use an active card and put in in the original sky box at least once every 30 days or so. All you need to do is make sure the cams config file is set up right - using google should give you all the info required.

my bad,i agree with the stuff you said bout n1,n2 and cs on n3 just any time i hear of sky its usually in reference to bskyb just a misunderstanding on my part

yes i see what your saying but i for one will not be useing it for cable i will be useing it for a sky system that opens up the hd content a lot more

this receiver has worked on n1 n2 and n3 in cable and sky so why would it not work for you it can cs on these systems so if there was a hack on n2 in the rep of ireland then im sure the dreambox will work as im sure has been said in post here if im not wrong thats not ignorance thats what has been done

also it has work on n2 for sky and is doing cs on n3 cards if im not wrong so why would it not work on n2 upc if and when it go full a head what makes you think it wont sky never had a prob

if you want to wait for a clone then thats your thing but alot of people want to get the real thing when it comes some people have been waiting a long time for dream to do this o and the cloners as well should i not say

i didnt realise you were using it for sat,i presume you are card sharing it on sky?That changes everything because for you,there is no chance of it becoming a paperweight but for us on cable there is.

I still stick by my point that I feel that dream are shooting themselves in the foot by pricing it so high,taking into account people are using it to get free tv,because they dont like paying for it.If we are being honest.

As I said,I am willing to pay for av gear etc but when it comes to this I for one will not pay that much money for it.Its a good company but I think they use cheap components in their products apart from the tuner, if you compare then to a sony,pioneer product etc and they dont reflect this in their pricing.

In saying that,as far as the type of boxes we are interested in,they are the best end of,imo

You seem to think its worth the money,so good luck and hopefully you can fill us in on it,when it arrives:)

as I sad,im in Ireland.At the moment we have no hd channels so you can understand why I am repared to wait.Il want some pics of its HD goodies,when you get it though

Last edited:
I agree m8, you can use a softcam as long as you use an active card and put in in the original sky box at least once every 30 days or so. All you need to do is make sure the cams config file is set up right - using google should give you all the info required.

last time a checked cccam was doing ok updating the card and even gboox i think the soft cams have got alot better

look i know what alot of people are saying about the price but alot of people here have been waiting on this and they like to stand by dream you have to under stand that , also this receiver you can change tuners in im more than sure so if you set a dish up when the freeview hd comes this year i think then you will be able to get it but like you say if its a clone you want then fair enought but for now this is the only way for people to get there cs working with hd and untill more receivers come about to take on dream we are stuck with the price

i under stand were you on coming from being in the south and not having hd yet why not look in to free view hd its only a mater of changing the tuner when you want to use cable

Back