DM800 Server or PC Server

as i said m8 their is an auto install script written by youknowwho i have sent you a pm

i have used a dm500s as a standalone server with 3 peers and 18 clients + peers got 2x reshare from me on cccam 2.1.4
has run spot on for over 1yr

if u want a cheap server just use a dm500s

plus the ecm times in the dm500s compared to smargo .etc u cant really get any faster my best ecm time in the dm500 was 0.0498s highest ecm time 0.0956s
with smargo u will be seeing ecm times double that of dm500s

plus the dm500s is very very simple to setup
just load a image pref pli jade 3 maxvar download cccam 2.1.4 plus config or oscam+cccam2.1.3 + configs
then just ftp into it and edit the configs

Currently i'm using a technomate tm800 as a server, just for a few friends and family (maybe eventually go to 20 clients at most) and was thinking of going down the pc route, but I see you recommending a dm500 as a server. Are they any good? and how much are they currently going for?

Regards

Currently i'm using a technomate tm800 as a server, just for a few friends and family (maybe eventually go to 20 clients at most) and was thinking of going down the pc route, but I see you recommending a dm500 as a server. Are they any good? and how much are they currently going for?

Regards

if your sticking to 20 or under the tm800 will do fine,regards mdt

if your sticking to 20 or under the tm800 will do fine,regards mdt

Thanks boss

I've had one or 2 complaints about the odd freeze, but I do use the box to view for myself as well, maybe I should just use it as a server?

What do you think?

Thanks boss

I've had one or 2 complaints about the odd freeze, but I do use the box to view for myself as well, maybe I should just use it as a server?

What do you think?

its up to you but it shouldnt have any problems with a small amount of connections... the odd freeze is expected and could be broadband related or the provider messing about which they have been. you could get yourself a dm500s and use that to host your card but i cant see the point. as long as your 800 is stable and its for experimental purposes. i think we have discussed it enough now m8 as its not advisable and bending the rules,regards mdt

its up to you but it shouldnt have any problems with a small amount of connections... the odd freeze is expected and could be broadband related or the provider messing about which they have been. you could get yourself a dm500s and use that to host your card but i cant see the point. as long as your 800 is stable and its for experimental purposes. i think we have discussed it enough now m8 as its not advisable and bending the rules,regards mdt

I'm on fibre optic broadband, so the connection should be ok, but then again it could be the connection or box at there end, or providers as you said. I'll monitor it, maybe I will invest in a box solely for a server, but in no hurry at the mo..

.Cheers for the help

Back