DM800 problems?

bigboris

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone had problems with this ive read about not seing services etc and booting problems , reading about it , does it have a tuner problem? thinking of getting one but does it have an issue?
Regards Boris

the box does run a bit warm, especially if you leave on a HD channel overnight, but ive setup a timer on mine to turn it to a FTA channel each night. the opnly reboot problems ive had is if i try to use the youtube plugin to view a video, but i think this is as i dont have it setup properly, or if the netplayer for radio streams tries to connect to a stream that no longer exists

ive had no random reboots and i transfered my channel lists from my 600 to it and they are all there fine

Thanks alot Digi, a good reply which has rested my mind.
Regards Boris

ive also today picked up a 160G 2.5" sata HDD so ill let you know how it runs with that inside it as well

Ok got a dm800 and its got gemni on , just a quicky i want to put nabilo on do i use dream up . or can i do it from usb , also what nabilo does anyone suggest ? running nabilo on 500 .Head banging at minute but loaded first sat, alot different than 500,
Regards Boris

loads of things on this are different from the enigma1 images m8, trying to add a new sat for example

i use PLi jade on mine, and am really happy with it

if you disconnect the power, then pres and hold the standby button on the front and reconnect, an IP will appear in the display, type this into a browser and flash a new image from there, only takes a couple of mins

i got one, again not lock ups or crashes for me it runs perfect. ive got the new blackhole v0.5 running on mine,

no complaints, well except how much i had to pay for it lol.

and yeah reboot hold power button/get ip, type it in web browser and flash it that way takes no time at all.

Thanks for info having done the above remove power hold button etc , only shows stop and above dhcp, but no ip ?
Any advice appreciated
Regards Boris,,,(still playing with it)

All ok now wasnt in router
Thanks ill carry on see you later
Boris

Last edited:
I,ve had one for a while now, and had initially the freezing issue due to overheating but a new bootloader came out in the summer which cured this problem and i think is now incorporated in most newer images.

I,ve got to say the DM800 is a nice unit and has the look and feel of a more profesional piece of kit and plenty to play with.

The only downside is the price especially with the latest price hikes due to the pound<euro rates but if you want the best you gotta pay for it.

BigBoris i would read up the tuts and install barry allen on a usb stick for multiboot. Saves a lot of hassle setting everything back up when trying out diff images.

Last edited:
Motor tutorial? any advice welcome cannot seem to get my head round this one, all scanned on 28 degs ok , now want thor but ??????????
It was a general first post of any problems with dm800, now ive got a problem , cracking piece of kit , cracking me up ,lol
Regards Boris

Ok thanks
googled some info also , so keeping at it , ill get it in the end.
Regards Boris

This may help for dm800 motor settings,
Ive been trying to tune sats but not showing in tune via red button,only previous sat ,
when you have done the sat you want store your position, also in tuner config with same number, but most ...important ...what ive learnt is to do HARD reset after each one, because the one you may be looking for in tune (red button dont show) after reset continue with next,sat
Reception settings
Advanced
Select sat
This was done with usals off
Lnb 1
Diseqc 1.2
Hope this makes sense and may be of help
Regards Boris

This may help for dm800 motor settings,
Ive been trying to tune sats but not showing in tune via red button,only previous sat ,
when i have done the sat i wanted i,stored the position, also in tuner config with same number, but most ...important ...what ive learnt is to do HARD reset after each one, because the one i may be looking for in tune (red button dont show) after reset i continue with next,sat
Reception settings
Advanced
Select sat
This was done with usals off
Lnb 1
Diseqc 1.2
Hope this makes sense and may be of help
Regards Boris

I think it should of read like above my previous posting Ignore previous above posting

Probably should read restart instead of HARD reset?????
This is how i sorted my problem with this one, ..,reworded (only a learner) or may be a better way. Not meaning you should do,, this is what i did
.....Perhaps Admin can remove if wrong .....
Boris

Last edited:
Back