DM800 only 400 channels on astra 28

steve9218

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Peeps,

Been scanning for channels on astra, 80cm motorized dish DM800. Trouble is i only get 400 or so channels, im using advanced config in tuner and single satellite scan. The sat is locked and has good snr%. I just had 2 guys come and align it for me yesterday and the signal quality is good etc.

Can anybody give me some sort of clue as to where i might be going wrong or not doing something. What about freq and symb rate etc?

Apreciate any comments

cheers

Hi Peeps,

Been scanning for channels on astra, 80cm motorized dish DM800. Trouble is i only get 400 or so channels, im using advanced config in tuner and single satellite scan. The sat is locked and has good snr%. I just had 2 guys come and align it for me yesterday and the signal quality is good etc.

Can anybody give me some sort of clue as to where i might be going wrong or not doing something. What about freq and symb rate etc?

Apreciate any comments

cheers

hi you dont say what img your using but eurobird 1 is a seperate sat pos on some img,s and thus the eb1 txp,s arent in the data-base scan. go to single txp scan on astra2 at 28.2 east and do a network search using 12.525h/27500 and this should add the missing txp,s. its also possible that your dish is slightly out of alignment and thats why your missing channels from certain txp,s. regards mdt

Hi Peeps,

Apreciate any comments

cheers

Stick on a decent set of bouquets and you should get all your channels,Andy.

hi peeps, thanks for the comments, i was playing around with the latitude setting and the snr flew up to 98% and i did a scan and it found 1054 channels!! All the other sats are good as well now. Where would i obtain the channel bouquets from and whats the best way to put them in your image and where do they go? Im running blackhole if this helps.
Thanks Again.

use dbedit to transfer the bouquets mate, not sure about this but check out rats hd bouquet for the technomates, think that will work, maybe someone can confirm!

Hi Peeps,

Apreciate any comments

cheers

I think your sat xml file needs updating, this site will let you choose the sats you can recieve and download a custonized xml file which you just ftp into your box. Site link HERE

Thanks for that link, i've downloaded the sats i want, i will ftp them later.
#
Cheers

Another question, didn't see point in starting a new thread.

When i set up my tuner config on dm800 under lnb1, i used advanced dicsque 1.2, enabled usals and put in my long and lat, however my lat is -2.376, but how do i put a minus (-) in front of the numbers.

When i tune to another sat, the snr might be crap so i change the lat to somethin else and save that under lnb2, next sat is saved under lnb3 etc etc... Point is i have to adjust the lat to improve the snr per each sat. Now i would do an auto scan but will the usals find the best position on the motor for each sat or would it just go to pre defined position in the software.

I am running black hole 1.2 and a 80cm dish, i just changed the image to jade but i didn't like it much so went back to BH. When i go to download plugins, there isn't as many now to choose from as before i reverted back to BH. Any ideas. Can i manually download plugins from web and ftp them accross? If so could someone point me in the direction of where to ftp them to?

ok thats enough for now, i know its a lot but been havin probs since day 1, it is a genuine box as well.

I apreciate everyones input.

Thank you :THANKS:

Back