dm800 help needed please

diesel

Member ++
Reaction score
hi guys will start at the begining i got a motorised dish with dm800hd was all working fine till had very bad winds which moved my dish had a bloke round who changed brackets for lot stronger ones and now is solid. he was on roof doing it told me to put on thor sat which i did then said its all done. trouble is i cant get any other channel on any other sat except thor which he set it on.he said there must be something wrong with dm800 but im not convinced was working perfectly before. please help its driving me mad many thanks in advance ..... ps if anyone in the nottingham area and could come sort it would help loads and can pay thnx

Last edited:
Back to basics.
Does it still move?
Have you set up your usals correctly?
Did the elevation change when the guy was messing with it? I think that Thor and some of the other satellites can be picked up on a higher elevation than Astra 2 for instance.
So it could be that as it is turning it is going over the "top" of some other sats.
Let us know if you've any joy.
Sorry but I'm not near enough to come round, and I only got mine working through trial and error so wouldn't be the best anyway.
Wizbit77

yes it still moves and i have not changed anything some one else said ive got to rescan but not sure how to do that ...thnx for reply

the guys say that they have got even stronger signal than it was on in first place so am thinking that a rescan cud sort it and makes bit of sense i think

Last edited:
Menu -> setup -> positioner setup and put your usals in , check they are correct.
Then menu -> setup -> satfinder. head to the satellite that you want.
Then in the setup menu there is something along the lines of manual scan. Set it for your particular satellite and change it from scan transponder to scan satellite and this should bring down everything on that particular satellite. Then just have to organise bouqets etc.
Wiz

when you say put my usals in what exaclty do you mean

Last edited:
if i do a factory reset on my 800 will it need reflashing or will it just uninstall the boquets and sats...if so how do i rescan for the sats please

Back