dm800 HD HDMI output specs? + SKY HD Channels

dibbers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
chaps, just before i move over to a dream800, is it 1080i, just been looking for some TV's, LCD, LED, plasma (see audio + video thread) any way the selling point of course is the 1080i etc and the refresh rate, what's the dream800's like on them?

and also, will i then get all the HD TV channels etc, that i don't get with the dream600 at the minute...

tia.

personally i would avoid the DM800 like it had the plague ( especially the cloned dm800's ).
if i were you i would look towards some of the other offerings and maybe even spend a little more on some thing like a VU+ solo.

the vu's don't seem out of my budget now like, I'll sell the dream600 and that can go to wards one, might have a look on you tube see if there's any of them on there so i can see the menu's etc, pal on here all ready told me to get one of them like, they as easy as a dream, for cline's and PVR functionality and also wll that then give me all the high def channels, they just better all round? if they run on the enigma interface can you stream from to them etc like you can with the dreams?

hopleys all ready told me i think when reading back through that they are the dogs like

tia.

yes they run on E2 same as most modern satellite systems. and i agree they are the dogs dhanglies LOL.

chaps, just before i move over to a dream800, is it 1080i, just been looking for some TV's, LCD, LED, plasma (see audio + video thread) any way the selling point of course is the 1080i etc and the refresh rate, what's the dream800's like on them?

and also, will i then get all the HD TV channels etc, that i don't get with the dream600 at the minute...

tia.

Yup, dm800 is 1080i, but no satellite providers broadcast in anything higher than 1080i anyway. solo doesn't support internal hard disc though, only usb or external, double the price of a clone 800 as well. Not worth double the price for a solo....

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

urm, yeah that's the pro's and the cons then of the dreams and the vu's - i know what i could do, i could buy a dream800 and then see how i get on and then if i don't like it then get a vu instead, i like the PVR and not that worried that the VU uses an external USB drive.... bets thing to do i guess is true and yeah the clone's are cheaper than a vu but i'd make a bit back on one if i didn't like it, or do i go full out and get the vu? lol...dam dam dam decisions, decisions,!

urm, yeah that's the pro's and the cons then of the dreams and the vu's - i know what i could do, i could buy a dream800 and then see how i get on and then if i don't like it then get a vu instead, i like the PVR and not that worried that the VU uses an external USB drive.... bets thing to do i guess is true and yeah the clone's are cheaper than a vu but i'd make a bit back on one if i didn't like it, or do i go full out and get the vu? lol...dam dam dam decisions, decisions,!

If you want to go full out...get the VU DUO skip the Solo...Duo has twin tuners bigger user base than the Solo as well.

what would twin tuners benefit me from? i only have the one single feed mind ya....

what would twin tuners benefit me from? i only have the one single feed mind ya....

single feed...no real benefit of twin tuner then...with 2 feeds you can get finctionality similar to sly plus, watch one channel while you record another your not restricted to only watching channels on the same transponder wjile you record like single tuner recievers

yeah thanks for that, thought that was the case with this single feed, well i take it the single version tuner ones are even cheaper then? guess i just need to decide, ah and with it being enigma image it's just clicked if i'm right so ftp'ing etc is all the same as the dream....

yeah thanks for that, thought that was the case with this single feed, well i take it the single version tuner ones are even cheaper then? guess i just need to decide, ah and with it being enigma image it's just clicked if i'm right so ftp'ing etc is all the same as the dream....

the solo is around £249. the duo add £100 on top.

dreambox it is i think then...lol,

dreambox all day long mate more support and very reliable thats why is expesive got me DM8000 and DM500hd good as gold. i wouldnt go no where near clones just my own experince.

Back