DM7025 Newbie

Boswell

Inactive User
Reaction score
I can only scan 19.2' and 13' so I assume the satellites.xml I have only contains these 2 satellites. I would like to try feed hunting on other satellites and have read about a plugin called "autoupdate satellites" that takes info from Lyngsat.

I have also read that this plugin isn't compatable with Enigma2 (I assume this is what my 7025 is running with Gemini?)

Could someone please confirm and point me in the right direction to add feeds/satellites to my xml.

Thanks

the auto update keeps existing channels up to date by reading the data stream m8, for example when sky movies 1 changed to sky premiere the channel name etc updated itself.

if you want to add satellites and/or feed frequencies then you can do this through the manual transponder scan option, a good site for feeds can be found here.

hope it helps

If you have a motorised dish, try moving the motor a few steps left and right when on other satellites. Your setup might not be 100% correct.

Thanks for the replies

The problem was that I tried to do a manual scan but only these 2 satellites showed up in the scan menu, the satellites.xml only contained these 2, but I found a satellites.xml on the internet specifically for feed hunting and it shows all of them now, so sorted.

Because I'm looking for feeds the channel info isn't generally put in the update stream. I believe the plugin I mentioned actually takes channel info from the lyngsat site database?

Just another issue, I cannot find anyway to backup my image (like you can do with a d-box - read flash without bootloader), is there a way to do this in gemini? I read it is possible with Flash Wizard Pro but this isn't compatable with a DM7025?

Thanks again
Boswell

Thanks for the replies

The problem was that I tried to do a manual scan but only these 2 satellites showed up in the scan menu, the satellites.xml only contained these 2, but I found a satellites.xml on the internet specifically for feed hunting and it shows all of them now, so sorted.

Because I'm looking for feeds the channel info isn't generally put in the update stream. I believe the plugin I mentioned actually takes channel info from the lyngsat site database?

Just another issue, I cannot find anyway to backup my image (like you can do with a d-box - read flash without bootloader), is there a way to do this in gemini? I read it is possible with Flash Wizard Pro but this isn't compatable with a DM7025?

Thanks again
Boswell

Try dreambox tools_v2 m8 has most tools youl need for your 7025 the link should be on here somewhere.

here you go just uped it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ONHJPQBB

Last edited:
Thanks pacman, I have found it, what do I use in this package to Backup an image from the box?

hang on ill check.

Ok you should be able to use DCC m8.: big crow

hang on ill check.

Ok you should be able to use DCC m8.: big crow

OK, nearly there now, in network setup it has connected, got this message

Telnet Connected
FTP Connected
Enigma2 detected

So I go into TOOLS and select BACKUP IMAGE, I tick the box to backup to pc and select a directory but the actual Backup icon is greyed out?

hmmm hang on ill try here.

Your right im getting the same ??? maybe someone else can help here im stuck now as well ?????:FRIGHT:

Last edited:
Answering my own question here but thought it might be usefull to others.

I have now tried the LT image (with service pack 2). In this image there is a built in plugin in the LT Extras menu called LyngSat.XML Generator. This allows you to pick which satellites you want, the box then connects directly to Lyngsat, it retrieves all frequencies/transponders for your chosen satellites then creates a new satellites.xml file for you to do a manual scan. Works good!

Still can't do an image backup though if anyone can help?

Back