DM600 PVR Clone Out of the Box - What Now lol

sr20det

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am new to the sat scene, have experience with the 500c, be it very little, used to use DreamWizard, via Ethernet to flash.

Liked the Nuetrino and Digital Worldz images (Enigma???).

Now with the Sat box, What image is best? I have heard of Pli, and Nibilo (speeling), I guess its mostly down to user preference maybe, but based on my above which might suit me?

I am tempted by Pli, as it seems the most mentioned on here?

Can I flash usuing the same methods? Via Ethernet?

I have DreamUp but never had it working :(

I am new to the sat scene, have experience with the 500c, be it very little, used to use DreamWizard, via Ethernet to flash.

Liked the Nuetrino and Digital Worldz images (Enigma???).

Now with the Sat box, What image is best? I have heard of Pli, and Nibilo (speeling), I guess its mostly down to user preference maybe, but based on my above which might suit me?

I am tempted by Pli, as it seems the most mentioned on here?

Can I flash usuing the same methods? Via Ethernet?

I have DreamUp but never had it working :(
use Plijade , most stable image out there, you use a Null modem cable or ethernet cable to flash it..then get a CCcam..an matching cfg..etc... and of you go, cheers satcat

If its a 500s clone then use the pli max var image. download it then open up dreamup, click erase then navigate to the file you downloaded and load it into the dreambox. BTW connect the box to the pc with just a null modem cable , no live feed . Then do as above and follow the instructions that come up on the screen. Then connect it to the cable and scart and again follow the instructions

If its a 500s clone then use the pli max var image. download it then open up dreamup, click erase then navigate to the file you downloaded and load it into the dreambox. BTW connect the box to the pc with just a null modem cable , no live feed . Then do as above and follow the instructions that come up on the screen. Then connect it to the cable and scart and again follow the instructions

Hard to say, its a 600 PVR, assume that is a clone of a 500 but with PVR?

My laptop doesnt have a nll modem connection, but I got one with a USB adaptor, never got it working though, on my 500c, howvere I am told my 500c stil isnt working. By a mate, so maybe wasnt the cable either.

I have used DreamWizard, via Ethernet, which is super and quick, however not sure if these new images work in the same way :)

DM600 has more RAM than a DM500, Swappable tuners and PVR facility.

- I think you need to use a Null Modem serial cable with PLI images flash via dreamup and select NO to flash erase.

hi m8, use the Pli image, goto there website and make sure you download the correct image for your dreambox

- I think you need to use a Null Modem serial cable with PLI images flash via dreamup and select NO to flash erase.

Thanks, will go to the website, get the right image and give it a go via my usb converter.

Will have a go tonight.

It has way more space for plugins too .Plus it has a 7 day epg for Sky Uk.
Its a far far superior box to the DM500 from which I upgraded.
The 500s was struggling to cope running SQLite Epg and it tended to lock up every so often.
Only drawback is my 600 clone wont move my dish !

Try changing the power adaptor on your box.

I've tried that .
I Tried a 12v 2A and a 12v 3A ,no good.They drive my 500s fine.
I have a 12v 5A psu due in the post so hopefully that will do the job,otherwise I'll prob have to sell the box on.

Does it depend on which motor, or is it all motors?

Not sure M8,I've only tried it on my own motor which is a SuperJack Dg120+.
I dont have any spare motors to test ,I doubt it will make a difference.Its a common problem with clones that they struggle to power a Diseqc motor.
I got my 12v 5a psu today and went to try it out but noticed it has a 3 pin clover lead ! Have to wait until I get one of them now .

this is a universal problem for all dm600's and some dm500's
they have trouble moving motors although i dont see why it shouldnt be able to move a very discreet low power consuming motor (if there are any)

Didnt realise there was a problem with motors, guess it pot luck.

Ones who have it working, any descriptions on the motor you have?

To begin with only plan to run it on my exisitng sky dish, however plan was to eventually get a motorised dish.

When I get the motorised was gonna get a DM800HD as well, wonder if they have problems with motors too?

it certainly is pot luck mate,
that is my biggest issue with the box - the inconsistency that you get 'for free' when you buy the box.

any minute now there will be dreambox owners coming on here to flame me, my mum and my gran cos i was wrong about their particular box, but i hope you realise i'm stating a general trend. not attacking dreams.

No offence for my previous post btw Curious123. that was basically what i was trying to say but with sarcasm (tough day)

Is the motor power issue limited to certain clones only or are there problems with original 600's too ?

It's not a generic clone problem you'll find some clones will have no issues with motors etc.. Issue is...how many different clone manufacturers are ther in china ??...loads..
Quality obviusly varies betweeen them, depending on which factory made your clone you may/may not have issues.

Bear this in mind if you plan on using a motorised setup. if you have a fixed dish...dont worry about it...

By the time you want a motorised setup it will be time to go HD anyway...

It's not a generic clone problem you'll find some clones will have no issues with motors etc.. Issue is...how many different clone manufacturers are ther in china ??...loads..
Quality obviusly varies betweeen them, depending on which factory made your clone you may/may not have issues.

Bear this in mind if you plan on using a motorised setup. if you have a fixed dish...dont worry about it...

By the time you want a motorised setup it will be time to go HD anyway...

Your prob right, in about a years time I was thinking, give time for the DM800HD clones to have issues ironed out. I dont even have a HD tele at the mo, so deidnt see the need for it, hence the 600.

Back