Dm500s running a server

personally mate ad stick with the 500

solid at least for me

the 800 is ok but i feel 500 a bit better

Would a dm800 be better than a dm500 server wise? as the dm800 has a slightly faster CPU? Even though its got a faster CPU it doesnt feel as fast as the dm500 running a maxvar image.

Think i may give it a try and sell the dm800 to a family member..

your thoughts?

maxvar img is stripped down with plugins/cams away from var and the 800 probably has loads of crap tieing up the cpu. its down to personal choice but many people use the dm500 with great success although with it being E1 i think your restricted in versions of oscam available. keep the dm800 as s*** happens!, you can pick a dm500s with a rev6 board for about £38 so its not a massive investment. regards mdt

Can confirm that the dm500s gives better ECM's and read ms times

dm800 server with client on SP1 HD - 0.160 - 0.185 ish,
dm500 server with client on SP1 HD - 0.120 - 0.145 (think i seen it go above 0.150 once)

got 15clients on my dm800 and they all saying its perfect without a single glitch/freeze, been running for 5days without crash or restart, so going to stick with that untill i get problems.

Quick question,

I wanted to test the lines are working before i give out the boxes to friends/family but when connected to my own network (server on same network) it wont connect if i use the dyndns? it will only connect if i use the internal ip of the server?

but the lines are working if i use the wifi from my phone etc.

Just thought it was weird it wouldnt let me do that.

Hi,

I am new to all this and friends always wanted me to set up something that we could share. I managed to set up an ubuntu server with automated Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 package and also did a DNS updater on the server. Now the remaining bits would be hooking up a reader and writing out the F lines and C lines. About the reader, I would like to use a dm500s as my reader and the card that I would like to use is dstv card on 36E, I have a few questions if I intend to use the dstv card, does it have to be active in the sense that do i have to still pay for it? and if that is the case how do I configure the dm500s as a reader and connect it to the server.

Hi,

I am new to all this and friends always wanted me to set up something that we could share. I managed to set up an ubuntu server with automated Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 package and also did a DNS updater on the server. Now the remaining bits would be hooking up a reader and writing out the F lines and C lines. About the reader, I would like to use a dm500s as my reader and the card that I would like to use is dstv card on 36E, I have a few questions if I intend to use the dstv card, does it have to be active in the sense that do i have to still pay for it? and if that is the case how do I configure the dm500s as a reader and connect it to the server.

Why would you want to use the 500s purely as a card reader ? Your better off with a Smargo or other similar USB card reader you can plug directly into the Ubuntu server. The card does need to be active if you want to share it otherwise it wont be recieving/processing ecms, or keys.
Alternatively if you only have a single card to share and a small amount of clients you can just setup a softcam on the 500s and use that as the server with it's integrated card reader.

This answers the first part of my many questions. My card reader is uses irdeto, I hope will work well with smargo, so I would go for Smargo for example and the card that I use would be genuine and active, meaning I would still have to paying for it, right? Once that is done, I would have configure the smargo card reader to my server. Where do I go from here? Are there any files to edit? If there are what Im I editing to.

@firdweb, I see your responses are not as helpful to this community, you claim to say that the card works fine with smargo, and that there is an oscam tweak but you have not been able to share this by providing any valuable information.

I personally have not been able to successfully share this card with smargo, tell me how I can do it, then would make us be on the same page.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back