DM500s Clone test

rayb

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi All

A beginer in all things. I have just purchased my first system, DM500s, as an opportunity to enter the world of Linux and satellites. I belive the DM500s is a resonable low cost entry point.

However while I knew most of the 'new' DM500s would not be origional I was only concerned to get a resonable hardware/software package. I paid £75 via an Amazon trader as my attempt.

The kit so far works fine and I was naturally interested in the 'is it a fake' posts. I do not wish to tamper with the seal so early in my relationship and check inside. The advice covers

-is the printing on the box square and clear? yes it is.

-From the pics provided is the rear like a:eek:rigional or b:fake?but mine does not match a or b!

- look out for a misspelt word on the 'no tamper' label, if so its a fake. Mine is misspelt but on the pic of an original it is infact misspelt (english)

-Proof is the mac address !!!! My box,device label and firmware wise matches. But since it can be changed, even permanently how does this prove its good? Agreed a fail would prove its bad.

For interest I would like to know what it is I have and naturally I am concerned not to damage it when I start to load different software(images?)

Is there any way to show me its status ??

For those having read this far this is my first post so a little long as intended to introduce myself

Thanks for any replies I may receive. Rayb

Back