DM500s and 1m Motorised Setup

telewestTUM

Inactive User
Reaction score
anyone suggest a good reasonably priced site thats got DM500S and also im after a good quailty 1m motorised dish

Its a bit windy where i live so dish would have to be fine?

how much is the going rate for installing a motorised dish?

http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/

Here you go pal. Rate for an install in Berkshire is about £100. Let me know if you live nearby and i'll put you in touch with someone.

If you go for a Diseqc motor, then a 1m dish is really your limit.
Given you said it was windy, i'd either look to mount the dish in a more sheltered location if you can, or go for a slightly smaller dish

With a 36v system, these are more resilient to the weather, but obviously more expensive.

im in the North East of England so what is the minimum size dish i could go for? I wanted all the major East and 1w Sats

£100! Hmmm might try and instal it myself with the help of a mate. im on the North side of the flats though so its going to take a bit of cable

anyone got a site with decent/genuine DM500-S? i'm just getting into sat and will prob get HD box so i just want a cheap one to begin with as ill only be upgrading in a year at most to HD if all goe sok

Last edited:
If you have a look at www.lyngsat.com, this will show you the footprints and min dish sizes for given sats.
However, i wouldn't rely on this information and should only be used as a guide. (there sats i should be able to get with my 85ch dish, that i can't).
So i'd illicit some help from some people local to you, as your location is critical.

There are plenty of guides for installing a dish. Much easier if you've got a mate to help.

If you want a cheapy box to tie you over, try one of these http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/in...id=514&zenid=140df21b0396f1f330c109a76749282a

i checked there and it says 50-60cm for most of them. majority of the sats im in the main red/orange parts like the nordic ones and 1w

that like you just sent is for a DVB-C

I was wanting to CS so i think im just going to start with DM500s

anyone in the north east shed some light on dish sizes? soem guy round the corner from me has a huge dish much bigger than 1m on the front of his house

id rather go for a decent size dish and get stronger signal but dont want to big due to the wind. if i have dish in centre on flat it should be fine though or at other side

yes, you can wall mount a 36v motor

see. http://www.satellitesuperstore.com/motors.htm.

to use it with a dreambox, i think you need to buy a positioner box which converts the USALS signal to operate the 36v motor.
You may want to check this though.
What i do know is that Dreambox / 36 volt motor setups are prone to alot of problems.

i'm in the north east m8 and youre right it's windy as fook but my 90cm dish has never moved and mines stuck on pole above my roof.

www.satstore.co.uk is a very good local sat shop,but the 500s is no longer made the new one is a 500+ so if you do get advertisements for a brand new 500s it's either old stock or a clone

i'm in the north east m8 and youre right it's windy as fook but my 90cm dish has never moved and mines stuck on pole above my roof.

Which sats can you recieve without issues with that 90cm dish?

Also do you need planning permission to put up a 90cm dish?

Last edited:
Back