DM500 Clone CCcam Help

DiamondGeezer

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Having trouble getting CCcam 2.14 working on a new DM500. I've just flashed to Commando_v14_3-dm500_Release.img

I have a DM800 which is working fine with CCcam and setup one F line for the DM500

I copied CCcam from the DM800 to the DM500 and put the files here

/var/etc # ls -l /var/bin/emu
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1179752 Jun 8 19:56 CCcam

/var/etc # ls -l /var/etc/CC*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 40 Jun 8 20:40 /var/etc/CCcam.cfg

From CCcam on the DM800 I can't even see the DM500 making a connection

CCcam is started on the DM500 using the blue button > Extra's Menu > Softcam Menu

Have I missed something?

EDIT: here are my lines

DM800

F: userid passwd 0 0 0 { 0:0:2 } { } { }

DM500

C: 192.168.1.99 5555 userid passwd (this is the ONLY entry in CCcam.cfg)

Last edited:
Has your new box got the same MAC address as your DM800 ??

Not that I'm aware off, it shouldn't have as I only got it yesterday and I didn't programe any mac address in

A lot of clones come with the same mac address on,might be worth looking m8

Check server listen port in Cccam.cfg corresponds with the port you have set, EG: 5555 as I think its set to 12000 by default, and the port to your server is forward on your router Mt8.

Having trouble getting CCcam 2.14 working on a new DM500. I've just flashed to Commando_v14_3-dm500_Release.img

I have a DM800 which is working fine with CCcam and setup one F line for the DM500

I copied CCcam from the DM800 to the DM500 and put the files here

/var/etc # ls -l /var/bin/emu
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1179752 Jun 8 19:56 CCcam

/var/etc # ls -l /var/etc/CC*
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 40 Jun 8 20:40 /var/etc/CCcam.cfg

From CCcam on the DM800 I can't even see the DM500 making a connection

CCcam is started on the DM500 using the blue button > Extra's Menu > Softcam Menu

Have I missed something?

EDIT: here are my lines

DM800

F: userid passwd 0 0 0 { 0:0:2 } { } { }

DM500

C: 192.168.1.99 5555 userid passwd (this is the ONLY entry in CCcam.cfg)

If you copied the CCCam working files from the Dm800 to the Dm500, it wont work.
They use different versions of CCCam, DM800 is Enigma 2 and Dm500 is Enigma 1. The CCcam working files are not the same.
Download CCam for Enigma 1 and extract the CCam files from that then copy to /var/bin/emu on the 500.
You probably wont have any issues with MAC address conflict this normally only occurs with clones of the same model from the same factory...i.e: 2 x dm500 from the same sourcer..never seen this with 2 different model clones...i.e: dm500 and dm800.

If you copied the CCCam working files from the Dm800 to the Dm500, it wont work.
They use different versions of CCCam, DM800 is Enigma 2 and Dm500 is Enigma 1. The CCcam working files are not the same.
Download CCam for Enigma 1 and extract the CCam files from that then copy to /var/bin/emu on the 500.
You probably wont have any issues with MAC address conflict this normally only occurs with clones of the same model from the same factory...i.e: 2 x dm500 from the same sourcer..never seen this with 2 different model clones...i.e: dm500 and dm800.

That might be my probmem then, reading post #4 from this thread I though I could take a copy of CCcam from any image

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/260487/

Not looked to hard at the moment but is there a copy of CCcam on DW to download?

Last edited by a moderator:
Check server listen port in Cccam.cfg corresponds with the port you have set, EG: 5555 as I think its set to 12000 by default, and the port to your server is forward on your router Mt8.

Didn't think I had to use a port on the DM500 as it will not be serving other boxes. My router forwards the port to my working DM800.

Just want this DM500 to share one way with my DM800

looking to setup similar to this youtube tutorial just using one C line

YouTube - ‪Install / Setup CCcam On Your Dreambox - DM500‬‏

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
That was my post m8 :) but it was in the DM500 section so was meant as any E1 image,sorry for the confusion :(

no worries....that will teach me for searching first lol

anyway got this TDW image now installed which had CCcam already on it and all working fine :)

only problem is that on the kids channels the picture is not filling the screen up. Gone to AV settings and theres nothing there to fill/stretch screen

anyway going to copy CCcam stuff and flash PLI

no worries....that will teach me for searching first lol

anyway got this TDW image now installed which had CCcam already on it and all working fine :)

only problem is that on the kids channels the picture is not filling the screen up. Gone to AV settings and theres nothing there to fill/stretch screen

anyway going to copy CCcam stuff and flash PLI

Get open pli max var, pli images have built in download server, so you can automatically download and install cccam from the download server, no need to manually install it. You can then just copy across your cccam.cfg file to the box.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Get open pli max var, pli images have built in download server, so you can automatically download and install cccam from the download server, no need to manually install it. You can then just copy across your cccam.cfg file to the box.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Ehats the difference with old framebuffer

OpenPLi-beta-dm500-maxvar-20110610-206.zip
OpenPLi-beta-dm500-maxvar-old-framebuffer-20110610-206.zip

also does anyone know how to auto stretch the screen

can't see anything under AV settings

Whats the syntax to read a sly card?

I'm using SERIAL READER : /dev/sci0

but getting no card or reader from CCcam info page

Thought the boxkey was only to clear premium channels

I've also tried a viaccess card and got the same error and tried loads of devices

card reader /dev/ttyS0
no or unknown card inserted

card reader /dev/ttyS1

card reader /dev/ttyS2

card reader /dev/ttyS3

card reader /dev/ttyS4

card reader /dev/tts/1

card reader /dev/tts/2

card reader /dev/tts/3

card reader /dev/tts/4

card reader /dev/sci0

card reader dev/sci0 is correct just try turning the card upside down.. ;-)

Also make sure in the softcam set up page you have set default softcam to cccam 2.whatever

Last edited:
card reader dev/sci0 is correct just try turning the card upside down.. ;-)

Also make sure in the softcam set up page you have set default softcam to cccam 2.whatever

I did try it both ways, chip is facing down at the moment

card reader /dev/sci0

CCcam is up and running

Back