commando 14.6 to oscam only help

I'm not sure now if it was the oscam version,in this case anyway, tbh,

but while looking at the configs again I noticed they had been created and edited by a windows/dos editor,
so I just opened them up in PSPad and changed it to UNIX format and saved them,
ftp them back and all's good in the hood :D

sorry to drag up an old thread but i need help with installing oscam on a dm500 running fresh install of commando 14.7 been reading all day and still stuck :-(

The correct file name for the emulator is "oscam". Rename it if necessary by deleting any version numbers or extension types. It must be just "oscam".

Transfer "oscam" to the "/var/bin/emu" folder. There is no need to change file permissions (chmod 755). Commando will do this for you.

Other required files:
No other files are required. Just the config files.

Config files:
Oscam requires several config files to function. Refer to the oscam wiki or other fora for further details.
The minimum required are:
oscam.conf
oscam.server
oscam.user
oscam.dvbapi (if you are using oscam only)

These must be placed in the "/var/tuxbox/config/" folder.

Press Blue,Menu,Red to enter the softcam menu. Start the emulators you require.

Last edited:
thanks for the help, been a member here for years but used cccam always, just getting back into things now but i have forgottten how hard it is to learn all over again, i see in your post you have oscam.server in twice, i'm assuming one of these should be oscam.user? and also from what I can gater there are working configs posted in this thread is it a matter of just copy n paste then modify the user pass etc..
thanks again.

ok i managed to get a pre configured oscam.conf from the web, if someone could look it over and make sure I have it correct id appreciate it, one step at a time me thinks. The server will only be used for 1 other connection along with itself and that is on my local lan. config file i have is....

[global]
nice = -1
WaitForCards = 1

[newcamd]
key = 0102030405060708091011121314
port = 10000@0963:000000;10001@0963:000000

—–

[reader]
label = skyuk
protocol = internal
device = /dev/sci0
emmcache = 1,3,2
group = 1
caid = 0963
ident = 000000
boxid =
blockemm-u = 0
blockemm-s = 0
blockemm-g = 1
blockemm-unknown = 1

——

[account]
user = test1
pwd = test2
group = 1
au = 1

also what attributes should the 3 oscam fies and the oscam bin file is it all 755?

Back again folks, I never did manage to get this working so if anyone has a backup image they are willing to share with me i would be very grateful.

Back