Divx/Avi player

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm after a cheap and cheerful player for the old man, one that will play pretty much everything you chuck at it.
Ive not seen any advertised for a while on here, so whats about at the minute ?

HD or SD ?

storage required ? networking ? wireless ?

A lot of people seem to be leaning towards WD Live for a simple solution.

Well i have a dvix/dvd player i bought from ASDA. 39 quid. plays divx/avi from dvd and also a usb stick or usb hard drive. I bought it mainly for kids and missus as a no hassle way of watching latest without burning and a simple stick it in and play option.

Plays them pretty good and its a philips and they have various models. the 40 quid was cheap enough and also i can watch my divx collection i had backed up on dvd as well.

Cheap and easy and also will play from a hard drive.

Sd no storage or networking just bog standard, cheap and cheerful that will play Divx Avi's.

Cheers.

same as madddyyy, I got 1 from Asda plays everything on disc or via usb stick :)

Just before christmas i did buy the sumvision prem dvd player off ebay for 29.99 and that included a 5.1 surround sound system.But jus looked on ebay and they want from 89-199.99.

Just done a further search and you can get it for 29:99 without the surround system.Their were bad reviews when they first come out but think they have updated the firmware now and mynes been runnin since nov like a charm and it runs thru hdmI.

It plays AVI,DIVX and MP4 flawlessly in my exp.

Eclipse Computers - Product Details

Advance Technologies | Liteon DDA100x Divx DVD Recorder - Kazuki DVD DivX Players

Also forgot to add it can also run films of a USB pen ive used upto 16gb and it plays very well

Hope this helps

Last edited:
Back