Dish shake

StuDaBear

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm currently having a bit of bother with my system, its moderately windy at the minute and my picture is glitching with the occasional black screen and no signal message.

This is happening on fta and other channels. On a couple of sats. (that I've checked so far)

The system is around 2 years old, spiderbox 7000hd, 1m gibertini, dark motor and a inverto ultra lnb.
Its never been this bad before.

At present on 28.2east S & Q are 85%

Does this sound like I have a problem with the system and where do I start looking?

Thanks In advance.

Does this sound like I have a problem with the system and where do I start looking?

Thanks In advance.

It might have moved so any movement by wind will look worse or the brackets are loose or the dish bolts are loose or the motor is lose. Just see if anything is loose first, if it's wobbly something needs tightening up. Also check to see if it improves the signal by moving satellite positions, try astra 2 at 29e or 27e, try Hotbird at 14e or 12e , if they all improve one way it's moved the other way

might be a job for sunday then, not going up a ladder in the dark and wind lol.

Just had a hold of the dish and gave it a good shake, it appears to be pretty sturdy, I will have a better look in the day light.

see if i can get check the f connectors for security etc.

little update, the system/issue was getting worse.

I spoke to the installer who said he will come have a look if I get stuck.

After work today the weather was decent ish, so I got up the ladder and unscrewed the connecter from the lnb, it was nice and dry inside, I then screwed it back on and it screwed a good bit further up the thread, I had a quick peek at the plugs at the motor, the appear secure etc, but I haven't messed with them too much as I had to sit on a pitched roof. (plugs werec covered by large rubber boots.

Anyway upto now I have had no further issues, also signal is now 80% quality is at 96%

Last edited:
go on get the torch out lol,regards mdt

Haha - right ;) Oops, no further comment, I know nowt....

...except sats are up pretty high and weather interferes with signals and weather is pretty shoite at the mo??? I'd give it a day or two before whizzing up the ladder M8 ;)

Can dish shake really cause picture break up as I am gettting similar

Cloutty

Can dish shake really cause picture break up as I am gettting similar

Cloutty

Depends where you are in the UK at the moment but with those easterly winds hitting at the moment with reports at up to 80mph i would not be moving a motorised dish in an exposed location until they calm down

Depends where you are in the UK at the moment but with those easterly winds hitting at the moment with reports at up to 80mph i would not be moving a motorised dish in an exposed location until they calm down

Ok mate thx for the info I will check it out ince the severe weather passes

Cloutty

Back