Dish motoring off unexpectedly in stand-by.

zwizz

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi
I have a DM800SE HD "genuine clone" with A8P sim and OpenPLi4.0. This uses diseqc1.2 to drive a V-box to provide 36 volts for my positioner. Generally this works well, except that on switching to standby there's a pause of around a minute and then the dish motors off to 23.5E. This does not seem to be a function of the V-box.
Any explanations and suggested cure please?
Thanks as usual.

Absolutely! At least it attracted attention quickly.
In my terms it's one with an A8P Sim that runs original downloads.

Absolutely! At least it attracted attention quickly.
In my terms it's one with an A8P Sim that runs original downloads.

So obviously your running the tuner in advanced mode.

As a test remove the 23.5 e position save and reboot. Now shut down does the dish still move ?

Ferret
I've tried this now a couple of times, without success. I used the "Delete satellite" function from the Dreambox menu. What this seems to do is to only delete the channels that I've previously added from a rescan.
The details of how my DM800se is configured are: Sim A8P, Openpli4, Kernel version 3.2, Enigma 2014.10.18, Last upgrade 20.10.14, Front Proc. v3.
I've noticed on both this and previous upgrade that the first thing that appears after the upgrade is details of 23.5E, although I've not yet entered any details of this at all. Is that possibly a clue?
Some have suggested using Dreamedit or similar to remove the satellite, but I've no experience of using this.
Any help greatly appreciated.

Ferret
I've tried this now a couple of times, without success. I used the "Delete satellite" function from the Dreambox menu. What this seems to do is to only delete the channels that I've previously added from a rescan.
The details of how my DM800se is configured are: Sim A8P, Openpli4, Kernel version 3.2, Enigma 2014.10.18, Last upgrade 20.10.14, Front Proc. v3.
I've noticed on both this and previous upgrade that the first thing that appears after the upgrade is details of 23.5E, although I've not yet entered any details of this at all. Is that possibly a clue?
Some have suggested using Dreamedit or similar to remove the satellite, but I've no experience of using this.
Any help greatly appreciated.

You could use a satellite.xml without that position.

You can make one here then ftp it to the etc folder.

satellites.xml generator / transponder .ini generator

Or learn how to use dreamset or dreambox and send in a new list to see if that stops this.

you either have an image problem or a Vbox problem, I use a GBox in conjunction with a DrHD F15 closed source receiver and when i switch off the power to the Gbox (Positioner) almost instantaneously powers off at the same time.

Are you powering down to Standby mode or going into Deep Standby (completely off) mode, as it appears the DM is still sending a signal to the Vbox which would suggest an image problem

As Ferret had suggested I tried to remove 23.5E from the receiver via the menus without success. I then found that, for unknown reasons, I couldn't talk from a laptop to the box via WinScp, which I normally use. So I decided to bite the bullet and do a factory reset and install a homemade sat.xml channel list as suggested.
After the reset I found I could communicate with the receiver OK so I installed my own sat.xml list and am working through a complete rescan of all the satellites; I can see the sky clearly from 40E to at least 30W so there's quite a few to do.
So far it's all ok and the V-box does indeed go blank when the Dreambox is turned off (normal standby). Since I don't use USALs I'm very glad that the V-box has its own satellite memory position list.
Not sure what the original problem was but the list I used came up with 23.5 as soon as I'd first loaded it, so I think that's a clue.
Thanks for all your help.

Back