DiseqC or 36v???

I

IvorBigun

I'm looking to buy a motorised system, and am being advised by a local dealer that a 36v motor will be quicker,more reliable, and a whole lot less hassle. Could anyone confirm this, as it will obviously affect my choice of receiver. Motor will be powering a 80cm dish.
Regards,
IvorBigun

I switched over from 36V to diseqc about 6 months ago. 36V is certainly quicker but also noisy. Diseqc is slower but very quiet.
Being a night owl I can now search the skies to my hearts content without disturbing the neighbours. Previously they would pass the odd comment about waking the dead! I have the Moteck H - H mount with a 1.2M Channel Master. 28E to 30W takes 45 secs but 19E to 13E only takes 5 secs. I have got used to the slow speed now and prefer it due to its quietness.
There's not much difference in price. So you takes your choice.
Its my choice, no doubt others will have different opinions.

Originally posted by IvorBigun
I'm looking to buy a motorised system, and am being advised by a local dealer that a 36v motor will be quicker,more reliable, and a whole lot less hassle. Could anyone confirm this, as it will obviously affect my choice of receiver. Motor will be powering a 80cm dish.
Regards,
IvorBigun

as in the previous post i would go for a h to h motor
plus m8 go for a 1mtr dish 80cm is ok but with the 1 mtr better signal strength on 30 w

Thanx for the response, due to the proposed location of the dish, noise could be a problem, so will go for your recommendation.
Alas wife & conservation area limit dish size to 80cm.
Regards
IvorBigun

Back