Digitalworldz Dream v2.0 and Streaming

However, if /etc was not read only, could I not put the line in Start as this is called from inittab whenever each runlevel is entered?
Absolutely, but it is read only. There's no way around that unless you either mount from NFS (see my tutorial), or build your own image from CVS and change the mount points etc. A lot of work. Also, I suppose you could alter an existing image,but it'd be a LOT of work. Easier to rebuild from CVS.

I noticed that when the addon had been run I can not telnet to the dreambox. Keeps getting an busybox library error and the connection is lost
Sounds strange. How do you see an error if you can't log in? Can you post the output you get, and exactly how you get it?

Beady

Here's a screenshot of what happens when I try to telnet in...

Also copies of /etc/inetd.conf and /var/etc/inetd.conf

Funny thing is that if I reboot the box - and then not run the addon - I can telnet in no problem

Files look okay, and the screenshot isn't too helpful:(. How about if you run the script from within a telnet session? i.e.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Does this work, and can you still telnet in? Log out and then back in to test it.

Files look okay, and the screenshot isn't too helpful:(. How about if you run the script from within a telnet session? i.e.
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
Does this work, and can you still telnet in? Log out and then back in to test it.

Hmm.. I copied original inetd.conf file to /var/etc and edited it. And now it works fine.
Thanks for your help, gentlemen. I'm an idiot :banana:

Last edited:
Back