Digital Camera

thebigyin

Inactive User
Reaction score
AT THE EDGE OF LIFE WE ONLY GET ONE CHANCE AT LIFE
i am looking for a digital camera around the £70 mark i was interested in the Hitachi hcd-1097e 10mp digital camera from Argos but cant get it in any Argos store have use any digital cameras that you can recommend it will be mainly used for taking pics of the kids so not to bothered with the video side of the camera etc thanks in advance

I bought a samsung s85 about a year ago - it's 8.2 MP but the pictures are spot on. It only cost me about £60 from play.com

they have some good 1`s at costco for about £70/£80 10/12 mega
samsung cybershot i can remember 1 of them was...good lens

thanks joe ive got a card for costco never really thought about looking in there as some stuff in there are pretty dear but you also get get some good deals i will give it a try mate thanks

thanks joe ive got a card for costco never really thought about looking in there as some stuff in there are pretty dear but you also get get some good deals i will give it a try mate thanks

ya m8 i was there last week and they had some good deals and dear ones as ya say....im sure there was 1 that was £140 now £80 but that might be at my costco only im not sure, ya never know unless ya go:Clap:

i have reserved this camera in Argos do yous think its worth the money any comments/views are appreciated
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5592166/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CPhotography%7C14419436/c_2/3%7Ccat_15701393%7CClearance+Photography%7C14520956.htm?engine=froogle&keyword=Alba+SL1030+10MP+Digital+Camera+-+Black.&_$ja=tsid:11527%7Ccc:%7Cprd:5592166%7Ccat:photography+%3E+clearance+photography

Looks fantastic for the price mate. Not too sure about the brand but it's got a Pentax lens, decent screen, Li-Ion battery, x3 optical & even does 720 HD movies. Prob need a decent size SD card for it, 4gb minimum I'd say, 8gb even better.
HH.

Looks fantastic for the price mate. Not too sure about the brand but it's got a Pentax lens, decent screen, Li-Ion battery, x3 optical & even does 720 HD movies. Prob need a decent size SD card for it, 4gb minimum I'd say, 8gb even better.
HH.

thanks for the info mate i think i will get that camera tommorrow and pick a 8gb sd card up as well

HH.

i was looking at the SD cards for the camera and seen this,,SD and Micro SD cards of 4GB or more capacity are SDHC type and will not work in non SDHC compliant devices. Please ensure compatibility before placing your order. Similarly, Compact Flash cards over 2.2GB are formatted in FAT32 and any digital camera will need to support this memory format. would a sdhc card be OK for this camera as i don't know much about digital cameras

Last edited:
After reading the posts over @ HUKD & the sdhc problem I'd like to reconsider my opinion. Didn't read the whole thread over there but opinion is not good & they do suggest some alternatives for yer dosh.
I'm surprised it's rated so poorly with a Pentax lens.
Sorry about that,
HH.

After reading the posts over @ HUKD & the sdhc problem I'd like to reconsider my opinion. Didn't read the whole thread over there but opinion is not good & they do suggest some alternatives for yer dosh.
I'm surprised it's rated so poorly with a Pentax lens.
Sorry about that,
HH.
thanks mate i seen some of the opinions that put me off a little ive seen a Kodak Easyshare M381 that i might go for and it takes 8gb sd SDHC cards,, and for the price it looks good i hope lol:proud:

try the argos clearance shop on ebay, i got the 10meg casio exilem for £50 nice camera solid build quality and great images.

try the argos clearance shop on ebay, i got the 10meg casio exilem for £50 nice camera solid build quality and great images.

thanks for the info mate i bought a Kodak Easyshare M381 for £50 today bnib..the cheapest ive seen them is £83 to £120 so i thought i would jump at the chance when offered also got a 8GB sd sdhc memory card for £8 so thats me sorted lol

Back