"@digidude can you help me please? - TM6900 Super

martico

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi Digidude

Wondering if you could tell me a bit about the Sat Finder option on the Motor Settings menu on the TM6900 Super. Specifically, why are some of the bars red and some blue (I think they correspond to the TPs I've already set up, but why does the odd one show as red)? And what does the yellow Lock button do? When I pressed it, I'm sure some of the bars turned green briefly. Or maybe it was my old eyes and the alcohol fooling me ...

Or anything else you can point me at would be gratefully received. Many thanks, Martin.

Click onto Technomate uk and download the TM Manual.
Peabody

Perhaps I should have mentioned that neither my printed version nor the dowloadable version of the manual at TM UK has this info. Or am I missing something, Peabody?

Martin.

No you are not. The manual is next to useless anyway but that feature was implemented after the manual was written. Hope you get some helpful replies because I would like to know too.

the sdignal bar colours will depend on your channel list, if its out of date, it could confuse you more

when searching for a satellite, itll use a transponder from your list, along with Vpid and Apid information, then wait untill that correct information is found

while moving the dish (looking for signal) the bars will be red, and can rise and fall, when the 2 of them change colour to blue and yellow, you have locked on to the transponder details the receiver is looking for

but

if your channel list is old, you may still not be on the right satellite, as satellites re use a lot of common transponder frequencies, but normally when you are locked with red and blue bars, you are good to start searching for channels

as for the yellow lock button, ill have to connect up a receiver and see, as the above was written from memory

Fuelled by Digidude's answer, I think I'm getting somewhere with this, hope it's worth sharing.

There's only ever one red bar - it's the first in the transponder list. All the other transponders in the list show as blue. And they all show just because they're in the list, not because of signal strength or quality. Like Digidude said about out of date channel lists.

The yellow lock button is actually "check lock" - that is - press it and it runs through all the transponders to see if there is a quality signal there that the box can lock to (albeit a signal with no channels. I'd love to know more about that?).

And no, it wasn't the alcohol, the red/blue bars do actual turn green briefly if there is a signal there. Then here's the clever bit. A new blue tp list button appears. Press it and it shows which tp's on the list actually had a signal (need to do this for each combination of H/V poln and Hi/Lo band). I guess this might be useful if you need to delete unused tp's because you're on the box's gazillion tp limit. Or if you've just got a tidy mind.

No prizes for Technical Author of the Year here I'm sure, but it's now really making sense to me. Hope it does to at least someone else.

Martin

There's only ever one red bar - it's the first in the transponder list.

Tidy update - the red bar actually corresponds to the transponder you had selected before you pressed the yellow button to switch to Sat Finder, not necessarily the first in the list.

m

Back