diffeerence between tracking and wheel alignment

deej01

DW Regular
Reaction score
i always thought above 2 are the same thing but, went garage to have tracking done and he said i need my wheels aligned and they don't do it. so just done at kwik fit

tracking is basically front wheels alignment different ball game basically all four corners need doing which means all in good condition as worn bushes etc will cause havoc that assumes also no crash damage botched repairs twists etc goes on & on but a simple job if vehicle sound

Last edited:
As mentioned above.

Personally i would vouch for the Hunter 4 wheel system used by Kwikfit, or my preference ATS. ATS did a fine job and usually get a voucher or deal via hotukdeals or quidco cashback, never paid full price.

Are tracking and alignment checked in the UK MOT test? They are here, albeit a fairly rudimentary fail/pass result- but good that they check them all the same.

Are tracking and alignment checked in the UK MOT test? They are here, albeit a fairly rudimentary fail/pass result- but good that they check them all the same.

no tracking is not part of mot but you will/should be told if tyres are wearing uneven ( by any decent garage that is )

Back