Did you buy a link to this site from eBay?

Mickie D said:
i have been through this many times before and the thing i always say is

stealing from your own is wrong !!!

My point exactly. The content of this forum by us and for us. Membership is obtained free and on compliance with this forum's rules. This forum host, however does host a vast number of users and topics who I imagine will also have access to this material.

Correct me if I'm wrong :Smileysex

I got it off google tryped in Nokia DBox help and a few pages later this site was displayed.

m0dm0 said:
I think with any software is to make it so it comes up with World-of-Digital Splash Screen, and a link within the software for the buyer to report it to the mods here.

The forums could show a banner at the top of every page to warn anyone who purchased a link that the site is free

??

I think a simple freeware / public domain message would suffice. To advertise using software referred to this site may convene to site advertising, which may be contrary to site rules / interests. At the end of the day, if it's declared free, free it should remain so. No need for unnecessary complications. Message across, sure and simple :Drums:

narl said:
I got it off google tryped in Nokia DBox help and a few pages later this site was displayed.

Me too. When my box arrived, it would do sod all. I was fortunate enough to google this site because the original image that was installed and the CD supplied were unusable.

they were oblivious to this site i guess...yay!! :proud:

Hi all,

I completly agree that the selling of this info is wrong.

But I am also of the opinion that, if the people buying the info are to stupid to put the search which they did on fleebay into google (and find this site) then maybe they deserve to pay. It doesn't bother me if the box sellers are including the info with the box as long as they are giving credit where it is due.

de_deej

People like that are the lowest of the low they'd sell there grans if they could hell bet some have tried

i have to say when i first started on here i was lost if it wasnt for yous guys who have done all the hard work and for free i wouldnt be in a position to help others,i found yous through a friend on here and have been helped so many times by him and other people that i am lost for words one of my friends has a box and he told me someone came to fix it and charged him £30 i went to see the person (like to have a wee chat with)and found that everything they were using was off this site i told my friend that all the stuff was free here and also told the person who charged him what i thought this in turn has resulted in a few other people getting in touch with me to help them ,of course the guy who charged them is not to happy with me by hey am i big guy and can take care of myself and i have now found out he has stopped doing it so one bad guy out of the scene

Shipoftheline said:
People like that are the lowest of the low they'd sell there grans if they could hell bet some have tried

Yes mate, you would know all about that because you WERE one of those people. You werent banned from here because of that reason, but lets just say you're not the most popular person right now ;) and btw in the mods room we know about all these new usernames you are making up, and we are banning every single one of them until you get the message ;)

Liam

:FRIGHT:
liamcrayden said:
Yes mate, you would know all about that because you WERE one of those people. You werent banned from here because of that reason, but lets just say you're not the most popular person right now ;) and btw in the mods room we know about all these new usernames you are making up, and we are banning every single one of them until you get the message ;)

Liam
What was he banned for? hope i aint being TOO nosey:)

hi .. well . i got me box of e-bay , when the channels dissapeared i e-mailed the seller of the box for help and he sent me a link to dw forums ,, and said try to find a solution here , thanks to you guys i did , i dont know whether the seller uses this forum or not or where he got the link from ....
hope he hasnt ripped anyones hard work and knowledge off tho coz that is well shady..
yours truthfully .. KaNo :=)

Do you have the password to get in m8? This is the thing thats selling on ebay for nearly a tenner and I'm sure people would be grateful if we offered it for free.

liamcrayden said:
Do you have the password to get in m8? This is the thing thats selling on ebay for nearly a tenner and I'm sure people would be grateful if we offered it for free.

i just sent him a pm to ask for details as i want to know if its our stuff on his site for a tenner i think he is taking the mick

cheers

Completely agree and also if he has such a "huge" database as advertised then theres probably stuff in there that we havent got so we could add it to the downloads ;) But probably just a sales method

put your own add in there charge a nominal fee to cover listing and paypal costs
that should piss them off or bid on them and refuse to pay say why would i pay for me own work

Last edited:
Liam thats always gonna be a risk that some dickhead will want to make cash out of others work.
I think a name and shame [ploicy should be adopted so if anyone has names of these knobbers then lets be hearing them.
We dont want them on here but we need to know who they are.

no i just passing on information apparently someone purchased the link from ebay for help with dreambox setup and was told to d/load the image from this site then he would help them set the box up

the person complained and was refunded his money as long as mutual positive feedback was left his passwords were withdrawn immedietly

there was an msn and mobile contact for the guy but that has been taken down
he is definitley ripping the forums off just take a look at this link http://www.seen-it-want-it.com/technomate.htm and click on the picture all help/patches are darkmans all availible for free

For the amount of money you spend you would at least expect a decent website layout not just some crap thats been knocked up in Frontpage express!

i think anyone can join his private forum?

maybe thats a way of getting to him?

Cheers m8, you've pinned him for us ;)
See my thread "NAMED AND SHAMED: The c*nt that makes a profit from Digital World!" for info :)

Well done, lets get rid of more of these...
Liam

Back