Diagram for Reading Lite-On drive key

Thought this might be of use, found this from another site

Use the diagram thats in the sticky as it shows a better picture of the dsub etc and pin config, use this pdf on how to grab the key and how to spoof, hope this guide helps, not sure if it works, like I said, found it and thought you might like to see it

Last edited:
4.8 now out.

Uses inquiry bin.

Thats what I thought this used? Its in the pdf file to use inquiry bin

Last edited:
And the posts I put on page 2?

4.7 wasnt safe, it was coded as the tutorials were made.

4.8 is 'safe'

4.7 = NO

Hi guys, would this work on the lite ons?

h**p://www.whitebream.com/e107.shtml

Its a usb2 version and not serial

anyone no where i can get a max3232 chip from maplin dont sell them ive seen the things allready built on fleabay but i want to build my own i just learnt to make pcb's

Where on ebay? I can only see that maximus one thats a pre order, can you paste a link as I would rather buy then make. That maximus one seems good, no soldering or anything, use the sata cable, any thoughts on that?

I have a spare max3232 and LLTV converter here.

Someone ban this c-unit

plugging redboxmods + maximus.....

Its dvdkey that broke the liteon.... not this PoS hardware

all i done was make a lead from an old 360 dirve poer lead and solder extra wires to a connector for my max232 and now all i do is connect conectivity kit with my lead pluged into max232 and drive an open the drive half way and plug in sata cable boot to dos and run dvdkey.
works 100% every single time no fancy stuff from mod shops or crap just plain old soldering a few wires.

Someone ban this c-unit

plugging redboxmods + maximus.....

Its dvdkey that broke the liteon.... not this PoS hardware

maybe oggy but this pos hardware makes it soooo nice and easy,i had tried various 2323 interfaces,with no luck,got 1 of these puppies-straight in

so if any1 needs a lite on key reading,give me a pm

Well, I never paid for mine, but Im sure if most used the hardware, they used the software...

And if you had 0x11 or 0x13 in your key with 2.3 you would get an '8320' key

Oh no, that bug was [fake] ;)

anyone no where i can get a max3232 chip from maplin dont sell them ive seen the things allready built on fleabay but i want to build my own i just learnt to make pcb's

have you tried rs h**p://uk.rs-online.com/web/

Thought this might be of use, found this from another site

Use the diagram thats in the sticky as it shows a better picture of the dsub etc and pin config, use this pdf on how to grab the key and how to spoof, hope this guide helps, not sure if it works, like I said, found it and thought you might like to see it

I wish i never came across this guide. I know it was relevent for early versions of toolbox but 4.8 is so much easier than all the hex editing.

:Cheers:

4.8 spoofs stick out by a country mile ;)

Even then, Xtractor spoofs are not that far behind.

As most of you will already know the Lite-Ons can now have their dvd-key read with the help of a simple Max232 serial interace.

Here are the soldering points for the interface.

how do i see this

Hi guy`s

My son`s xbox died 3 RROD , so just found him a Jasper and now I need to flash the liteon.

I have read umpteen post on many forums and still a bit unsure .I really want to be 99% before I try to do the liteon ,as I don`t want to brick it so Please if any one can give me details I would be most grateful.

I plan on making a max232 from this diagram

xxtp://beta.ivancover.com/wiki/index...2S_Extract_Key
To build an adapter, these two RS-232 transceivers will work fine:
MAX3232
ST3232
Other required parts are 5x 0.1 uF (1000nF) ceramic or electrolytic capacitors, 1x D-Sub 9-pin female connector, and maybe a 2.54 mm spaced breadboard to mount everything.

I have just got the parts from maplins ,5x 0.1 uF (1000nF) ceramic or electrolytic capacitors, 1x D-Sub 9-pin female connector
I already have a max232cpe ,

I have read many reports that the DIY build with the max232 will do the same job as the build with the max3232 , I need to know 100% if this is true ,and if there could be a greater risk of bricking if I use the 232 rather than the 3232.

I have a conectivity kit V2 and I have also read I can use this in compliance with the DIY max232 by just adding 2 wires.

DIY max232cpe RS232 ————–> Connectivity Kit
Gnd ===================> 1
V + ====================>8
Cable RS232 ————–> Connectivity Kit
Tx ====================> 11
Rx ====================> 12

Sorry for asking all these questions Guy`s ,But I need 99% confirmation that the tools I have now will enable me to do the liteon.

So please if anyone has done this with the setup I propose, could you please sumarize what steps you took (and any important links) for a successful extraction of your Key from the liteon .

Please bear with me, as I have read and read hundreads of posts and tried to siff through many threads on a few forums but , there is lots of conflicting reports so I need like 99% assurity that this will work.

I plan on doing the mod via this tutorial below

hxxp://www.teamxmods.com/xbox360-lit...ment-tutorial/

and add the two extra wires to the conectivity v2 kit ,but will this work? ,
Again I do apoligize for Maybe the same old questions , But if one person could take the time and help to post the details ,I would be extremelly grateful.

Thank you all for taking the time and effort to help out in any way possible.

Regards.

polosolo

Last edited:
Back