davidh

<font color="RED">Administrator</font>
VIP Member
Reaction score
had a chest infection since feb
last week my voice went hoarse
went to the doctors yesterday and he fast tracked me to an ENT consultant
got a call 12 noon to come down for a camera to look to see whats wrong

well he looked and found 1 of my vocal cords isnt working name for it is Vocal Cord Paralysis

the problems it is cousing is i have problem swallowing a drink
it can and does go down the wrong way coursing me to cough
i have to see a speech therapist and also go for a scan MRI or CT i dont know
will know more in the next 3 -4 weeks

what can they do
i dont know i am at the moment drinking thick milkshakes cos they go down ok

fookin pissed off

well he looked and found 1 of my vocal cords isnt working name for it is Vocal Cord Paralysis

what can they do

fookin pissed off

Sorry to hear you are poorly m8.

My mum had Vocal Cord Paralysis a few years back, in her case it was a simple infection which was treated and she was fine.

Try not to think of the downside (I know it's easy for me to say on the other side of a keyboard) but try not to worry, the tests will tell what is needed to be done.

Hi mate,

Sorry to hear this. Dont know anything about it as never heard of it but least they have found out the problem so can now look into sorting it out.

Hope it gets sorted soon.

Sorry to hear that, hope it all works out well for you.

I know you might get fed up having to drink the thick liquids, but it is really important to stick to it, because if fluid gets into your lungs it can cause you problems like pneumonia etc.

You can buy a special thickener for drinks in the chemists, you add it to your tea, coffee etc it's not that nice but is better than nothing :(

Sorry to hear this david but at least your getting it looked at and i hope it all turns out ok mate

Sorry to hear about the illness, hope you get well soon.

what can they do

fookin pissed off

Very different situation, but I've had close to 100 throat dilatations. Basically they stick a tube down my throat with a balloon attached, and blow the thing up, which gradually over time, opens my throat wider.

That said, it's for very different reasons, so this may not apply to you at all.

Saved my life though. There was a stage where swallowing my own saliva was impossible, over the years the Doc has done a superb job and I can now swallow normally, pretty much. I started off having to have it every 4-6 weeks, now it's about once a year. (Unless I start having problems, and I can just ring up and they'll get me in.)

They can give you some steroid injections too, to help with swelling while they're down there, but as I say, none of this may apply to you, that's what the scans will determine I guess.

If it's an infection they'll probably just chuck you on some antibiotics first before doing anything serious.

Good luck anyways.

I got a mixed reaction to this David mate. First of all get well soon mate and secondly, it's just a good thing that it's nothing worse. It's a good thing you got it diagnosed so now hopefully they can fix you up real quick.

Keep us posted dude =]

Sorry to hear you're not so well David - hope they can sort it out soon for you.

All the best!

Sorry to hear about your illness m8 .. Hope you get well soon ;)

On a brighter note! ... thank fook it's not finger paralysis ... lol what would you do if you couldn't come online and use DW ;)

Sorry to hear it mate, hope alls well soon.
Have a look for something called Thick and Easy (not the female type lol) its a powder they use in the Hospital that will thicken any drink and is tastless so you could even have lager shake if u wanted.they use it for stroke patients who have difficulty swollowing.

Sorry to hear you're having a bad time m8 :(. I hope they patch you up real soon. Must be awfull not to enjoy a cool beer on days like today.
Maybe a fruit smoothie & JD would make you feel better temporarily :).

Best wishes to ya!

I got a mixed reaction to this David mate. First of all get well soon mate and secondly, it's just a good thing that it's nothing worse. It's a good thing you got it diagnosed so now hopefully they can fix you up real quick.

Keep us posted dude =]

Agreed. Hope it's a quick fix mate and your feeling yourself again (rather than some other poor person)

:Cheers:

Sorry tho hear your bad news david, but try and be positive and deal with things as they are diagnosed could be simply an infection or a simple operation to fix it these days,technology is so advanced.,
Don't let this stress you out as stress is not a good thing when your ill makes you feel worse.
Hope things get sorted PDQ for you keep us all informed mate.

ah man, fingers crossed for you mate, all the best man....

Back