Diablo Cam Wifi Review

Well guys I spent all of last night trying to get the wifi cam to talk to the router (Belkin N) without success.
On the Wifi configuration I tried checkinh and unchecking the wi-fi checkbox.
I tried every kind of security, none, WPA, WPA2 and all the others. I tried changing the domain type, ESID, IC FCC and all the others.
Only made one change at a time and tried every variable.
No Luck. I think I have worked out that the problem is probably the methof for letting the router accept a new connection so tonight I am going to run the set up assistant (discovered it today on the router disk) and try again.
pretty frustrating though.
Interestingly I had to download the settings in the CAS3+ every time then transfer the cam into the TM6900HD super combo. sometimes when I went into the menu, the underworld 1.67 was ther and I could even open the setings page. othertimes the cam was not even recognised. I tried rebooting the box with the cam in it (nearly every time) but there definately seem to be some wifi settings that cause the STB to fail to initialise the CAM.

Will let you know how I get on....

I had a good working wifi cam :
NO encryption
or
WPA

with D-LINK / linksys / smc & 3com WIFI devices
Beware You need a clean signal > 75%.
Please read my other posts in here as i have answered yr message :)

Also you should use these settings in yr diablocam :
Configuration : ENGLISH - CAIDS ASTRA - AUTO PMT OFF - EMU ON - N2 AU OFF
ADD ON : NEWCAMD(if you will use that)
EMU Priority : EMU - CARDS
Fixed CW : OFF
Smartcard message : NEVER
Delayer : 2
LEDS : ON

In the CAS menu i put every encryption ON
Most stable like this on my TM6900HD SUPER with latest Technomate firmware / Magic Patch / Kempa Keys
Do not put yr smartcard into the technomate it will get confused, put it into the diablo :)

Last edited:
Had the laptop next to the STB and was getting 4/5 bars on the signal meter. - think its the setup of the router. Anyone tried setting up a wifi cam (diablo) with a belkin N router?

This may be a stupid question, but would a Diablo cam work in the CI slot on the back of a sky receiver?

e.g. to be able to use a sky box to share from another receiver in the house.

Just to update, The wifi cam is in the post back to the shop. It would not initialise at all and I eventually decided to format it. It kept failing 'format error' so this one must have been faulty. I'm awaiting a replacement after they test it. will let you know.:Angryfire

Just to update, The wifi cam is in the post back to the shop. It would not initialise at all and I eventually decided to format it. It kept failing 'format error' so this one must have been faulty. I'm awaiting a replacement after they test it. will let you know.:Angryfire

Do you mean you will be able to test it in a sky box, in reply to the above messages 24/25?
If so excellent :)

The cam slots on the back off the reciever are not active.

Si

hi all i have a tm6900 super with diablo was thinking of getting the wifi will diablo wifi read s*y card and then share it or if the tm could read it and then share it as upuntill patch 674 i think the tm could read the s*y card as i was getting ch4 hd?

Great review wolftje, thank you for sharing your knowledge.

FORMAT : Diablo Cam Wifi Review

If you have a format error problem with your new diablocam wifi do no return it directly but ignore the format problem on your screen and leave your diablocam be for a couple of minutes. You will notice that the cam keeps blinking and will eventually stop blinking.

Format : Diablo Cam Wifi Review

If you have a format error problem with your new diablocam wifi do no return it directly but ignore the format problem on your screen and leave your diablocam be for a couple of minutes. You will notice that the cam keeps blinking and will eventually stop blinking.
The Format will then be finished even with the format error on the screen.

It is an error in the CAS3 studio software.(i think)

thanks Wolftje - I got your message too late though and had already sent it back. The shop said there is nothing wrong with it and has sent it (or possibly another) back to me. Goingto have another go tonight. Will let you know how I get on. thanks for all the support too I need it!:Cheers:

That's it - I've had it, The cam still won't initialise in the TM6900. I downloaded the latest CAS 3+ studio, tried to load underworld 171 but it failed about 5% into the update. It kept going back to the start. I tried reformatting again but as before it came up with format error every time. The whole lot is being sent back diablo, cas3+ cables boxes the lot. I will stick to a patched box and forget about sharing.

thanks for your help everyone but I'm out!

That's it - I've had it, The cam still won't initialise in the TM6900. I downloaded the latest CAS 3+ studio, tried to load underworld 171 but it failed about 5% into the update. It kept going back to the start. I tried reformatting again but as before it came up with format error every time. The whole lot is being sent back diablo, cas3+ cables boxes the lot. I will stick to a patched box and forget about sharing.

thanks for your help everyone but I'm out!

can you not just send it back and see if its the cam or programmer i have not came a cross anyone that has broke one of these cams so it could be a number of things also what cables you got in im not sure but is it just usb from the cam or do you need serial in as well when doing the cam had the old cam while back and have to say it was not a bad cam for what it was giving

Do not give up !!!!
It is such a nice cam...
Realy I'm not kidding, i had the format problem as well.

just start the format, ignore the format error on yr screen and take a walk outside for 10 minutes. The error will be still on yr screen but the cam is formatted now !

Also i suspect you have faulty usb drivers....

Is it Windows XP or VIsta you are running ?

OK here goes

I have a TM6900 HD Super combo that I am trying to get the cam to work in. I aslo have a TM1500ci+ in another room but have not tried the cam in it. I have a laptop running Vista, a desktop running vista and a Belkin N networked and wireless router.

When I first recieved the cam and CAS as per one of messages at the start of a thread (might be this one) I downloaded the latest version of CAS from Duolabs, downloaded the latest underworld v169 and duly loaded underworld on to the cam. I think I also tried to put in the wifi settings to the cam. The first time I put the Cam in the stb, I selected the menu option for the cam (and it came up with a tv screen showing slot1 and underworld v169. I then selected underworld using the TM remote and it came up with an other menu screen with three options I think one of which was wifi access point? might be wrong here. When I tried to select one of the options, nothing happened. I presses exit and it took me back to the screen where underworld v169 had been. It now just showed slot 1 and slot 2. when I exited out back to the tv channel amessage CAM initializing kept appearing and disappearing. I then spend hours trying to fix the wifi settings as described earlier. I was never able to get it to show the underworld screen again where I could select it, and had tried to format the card without success. so I sent it back to the shop.
I duly came back and the first thing I did was plug it into the stb and low and behold up came the underworld v.169 menu, I selected it and again had the menue with three options in white writing on of which is wifi access point I think. same story nothing happened I pressed exit and couldnt get the underworld menu back. N.B. Because underworld came up this second time, I am certain they sent me back the same cam (faulty or not). I then tried loading v.171 but it would only load a few percent then would go back to the start. I did put the cam back in the stb and it came up with an slot 1 and underworld 171 even although the underworld had only loaded a few percent (dont understand this) I tried reformatting, but the cam would flash a red light, then three flashing green lights with a flashing red, this would run for about 20-25% then the lights would freeze as one green and one red hard on. it never changed no mater how long I left it.
Given I cant format it, cant get a newer version of underworld to load, cant seem to get my network to see the cam or vice versa, I really feel like giving up. A bit of me thinks though that the first underworld went on to the cam, the stb has shown an underworld button on the screen menu so it must load, so the CAS programmer must be ok, and the cam must be ok, but NOTHING WORKS ARRGGGGGGHHHH!"

the shop says its not faulty and wont take it back so I may need lots more help if you dont mind guys.

Use the latest firmware from Technomate & darkman patch on yr TM6900HD SUPER.

Start with formatting the diablocam. (just do it again and ignore the format error, do not click on it !!!! just let it go along for 10 minutes)

then put the original backup on it.

Mail me on [email protected]

i will provide you an original backup of the diablocam wifi.

i'm not gonna give my personal bakcup to everybody here on the forum !
(sorry guys !)

Back