Diablo Cam Wifi Review

ok downloaded the latest firmware from Technomate to usb stick and loaded on to tm6900 HD Super combo. powered down and back up at the switch on the back. Loaded the latest patch from ALSAT powered down and back up, loaded latest soft cam powered down and back up. in all of this I never put the cam near the stb.
Plugged the cam into the cas 3+ progra,mmer and the usb cable in to the cas. on the laptop opened the cas interface. plugged in the usb from the cas programmer. selected the diablo cam, went to the cam disk functions tab and clicked the format button. I dont know why but this time the lights flashed on the cam for a few minutes and the formatting cam bar indicator scrolled right to the end and I got a format successful message.

Ok - no luck so far.
opened Cas interface, cam disk functions and tried to restorethe original backup (many thanks) it stuck at 36%. status said 'cam not error.
Tried to reformat, it stuck at about 20% format error and the lights on the cam frose one red one green. Perhaps it is to do with the computer? any ideas guys?

Decided to try using another computer as an alternative to the laptop. Same issues. It formatted the cam first attempt but failed at 37% this time when loading the original backup. tried formatting again and this time it failed at about 80%

If you have a format error problem with your new diablocam wifi do no return it directly but ignore the format problem on your screen and leave your diablocam be for a couple of minutes. You will notice that the cam keeps blinking and will eventually stop blinking.

The cam does not keep blinking, as soon as the format error appears on the screen the lights on the cam freeze and do not change again even if you leave it for a couple of hours. I think the CAS 3plus and the version 8.6c interface software may have fixed the earlier issue format error. it certainly does freeze. I am still open to idease guys.

HMMMM, I want to help you but it is very difficult like this.

You need to get the cam formatted in the first place.

I have someone who had the same problem I will ask this person & come back with more news.

Re: Diablo Cam Wifi Review, format problem

I have this problem from time to time.
But Before I format i disconnect usb, reconnect and then fire up the cas studio 8.6b.

Mostly the format then runs 100% untik the end.

after that I put underworld on it (latest)

Also beware :

The diablocamwifi does not respond well and crashes when the WIFI is on and
the setting are not correct !!!!

So you should be very sure you have put in the right settings for your wifi before plugging in the diablocam into yr technomate.

Could you talk me through the settings? not so much the settings in the wifi set up in the CAS - although I've never been able to get the Router to recognise (or even notice) the CAM.
A couple of times I have plugged the cam into the set top box, I think it was the first time I loaded underworld, and then the second time after it was sent back from the shop as OK. I got a message saying cam initialising on the TV screen and then a blue menu with white writing appeared. I cant remember the options but if you could talk me through what to do at that point , If I ever get it back I will know what to do?

thanks again for helping. Hopefully the people who come afterwards will have an easier time than me.

Hi,
put yr diablocam into the CAS3 programmer
connect usb
fire up casstudio 8.6b from dualabs
choose yr diablocam
goto the wifisetup and dissable wifi and select Write.

I cannot help you with yr network.

It makes me sad that so much people struggle with networksettings.
Of course i have the advantage for beeing an Informatic IT guy.
But the problem is that every situation is different depending on the knowledge
& existing setup of the person in question.

You should really take someone by hand who can assist with pc & network.

You can sent me yr diablocam and I will hapilly try to fix this for free.
Only by private Pm. Already lots of people pm me for their diablocam.

THANKYOU THANKYOU
It turns out the cable to the cas programmer was faulty and the Diablo Cam was faulty too. I replaced the cable and sent the cam back to the shop for a second time, it was replaced with a new one ( i discretely marked the one I sent back jus to check!) I loaded underworld 171, put in the WIFI settings and It located my computer network (not entirely sure it connected though? but I'll run some checks later.

Can anyone point me to where I load the latest underworld from? and give me an Idea of what I can now expect to resolve given that Canal+ has changed encryption? once I know its working I will try the card sharing and will of course keep the updates coming.:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

Excellent reveiw Wolftje, very much appreciated, going to order the Diablo Wiffi soon,does'nt look like there is a new version coming any time soon!
Hav'nt been able to post for a few days, our internet access is absalutely die at the moment, goes off every evening and at weekends, not much good for CS.We are currently using Teleconnect FR ADSL who have been great untill they recently changed to their own new server instead of the Tiscali server.
Talking to their tech guys this morning, they have no idea whats causing the problem.The trouble here in rural France all phone lines are above ground, so prone to problems.Already tried Wimax but that failed everytime the relay was hit by lightening, which can be often.I've been thinking about using the two way satellite route but concerned about the latency times affecting CS, Ive heard its no match for good ADSL, our max download here is 1200mb.A lot of people have already left Teleconnect FR, this has been going on since early April.I could go with France Telecom but heard the Livebox modem they use is an absalute pig.Sorry its a bit off topic, just needed a rant.

Regards Finearrow

diablo wifi

hi
i just want to know wether you can use diablo wifi as a light cam to clear channels before start messing and setting it up for cs ?
is it worth having or shall i stick to the light one
thanks guys

Re: diablo wifi

hi
i just want to know wether you can use diablo wifi as a light cam to clear channels before start messing and setting it up for cs ?
is it worth having or shall i stick to the light one
thanks guys

Yes you can, you dont have to use it for CS.

Finearrow

Re: USing 2 way satellite : Internet

Hi Arrow,

I happen to have tested this.
Ping Latency is 150ms
you can do realtime chat and upload and download.(tested on msn)
It should work but I think only for 2 hops (A2 for gbox, Max 3 hops for Cccam)
In france you have Hotbird(eutelsat) satellite & Astra2connect Satellite.
You'll need to buy the whole hardwarekit. starts around 480€ it think.s

You can compare this with an ISDN line from 10 years AGO.
Not bad, but only good for email/msn & VOIP.
Good for places where it is difficult to get decent internet.

Re: USing 2 way satellite : Internet

Hi Arrow,

I happen to have tested this.
Ping Latency is 150ms
you can do realtime chat and upload and download.(tested on msn)
It should work but I think only for 2 hops (A2 for gbox, Max 3 hops for Cccam)
In france you have Hotbird(eutelsat) satellite & Astra2connect Satellite.
You'll need to buy the whole hardwarekit. starts around 480€ it think.s

You can compare this with an ISDN line from 10 years AGO.
Not bad, but only good for email/msn & VOIP.
Good for places where it is difficult to get decent internet.

Hi Woftje, thanks for that, of course another problem is this fair download
thingie, you have to select max data download for the month, apparantly for normal usage you would need a download limit of 6g per month,this is quite expensive about 65e.00 per month, I can get the gear for about 399e.00.
Anyway a change of modem yesterday and things are looking up, aint dropped the connection yet, touch wood.
Average ping time has now reduced from 196ms to 76ms.

Speak soon Finearrow

Last edited:
Back