Device for iptv

casuk

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have IPTV on my smart TV and was wondering if there is a better device I can use to run it without buying a new box I currently have, smart TV firestick and my xtrend what would be the better device out the 3 to run IPTV

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Smart TV's can have problems with long IPTV Vod lists locking up apps. The firestick is the better option if it gen 2 in my opinion Gen 1 too slow.

The xtrend is capable so you could try set it up on that and the Firestick.

Fire stick here as well running IPTV Smarters , All Good ......................Paul

Smart TV's can have problems with long IPTV Vod lists locking up apps. The firestick is the better option if it gen 2 in my opinion Gen 1 too slow.

The xtrend is capable so you could try set it up on that and the Firestick.

I'd disagree, all of our LG tv's run smartIPTV perfectly well. A firestick doesn't have enough CPU to run it well imo. Although it does run on it.

I'd disagree, all of our LG tv's run smartIPTV perfectly well. A firestick doesn't have enough CPU to run it well imo. Although it does run on it.

I think it depends on the make of tv
Our LG in the living room handles the smart iptv app perfectly well..inc VOD
The Samsung in the bedroom handles live channels ok but with VOD it often crashes half way through a film ..

I think it depends on the make of tv
Our LG in the living room handles the smart iptv app perfectly well..inc VOD
The Samsung in the bedroom handles live channels ok but with VOD it often crashes half way through a film ..

Not necessarily the TV though, could be anything. As I said, we've got LG tv's and it works perfectly, my olds have a samsung tv and it works perfectly on that, but they dont watch VOD, so cannot comment on that side of things. IMO VOD is a bonus, but tbh I can get everything that's normally on there from other sources and slam it on a USB and watch it that way.

How big it your list ?

No doubting IPTV runs well, however my provider has to issue short m3u listings that do not included boxset films etc, reason for this he has had loads of issues with smart TV's not been able to handle large M3u lists. Horse's mouth mate !

Experienced it on a Hisense, with same list had no issue on anything else. Im told by him all makes but Sony with built in android have the issues and he offers a short list for those without a Sony.

Last edited:
It runs well on the Samsung it's a ks8500 with no buffering volume can go sometimes and I have to turn channel back and forth, iv not actually tried the vod stuff yet,

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

How big it your list ?

Oooh matron ;)

Over 3000 in total. Im not sure of the exact amount as I never use it tbh. But i've had multiple subs from different providers and never had an issue. Im no horse, so can only give my experience.

Oooh matron ;)

Over 3000 in total. Im not sure of the exact amount as I never use it tbh. But i've had multiple subs from different providers and never had an issue. Im no horse, so can only give my experience.

Over 16000 on mine.

Another vote for a Smart TV (LG using smart iptv) I have found on some TV's using this method lare lists can cause a problem. All I did was create multiple groups from the initial list which worked a lot better - and was easier to work with anyway having groups for sports\movies etc

Still not arrived , me and another guy I know from another forum ordered one at the same time. There was a delay at the factory but their both finally on their way.
I should know in about a week's time

The box arrived a few days ago and my first impressions are it's rapid, ultra rapid.

I run STBEMU on it for the IPTV and the channels load quite fast. I bought the 64gb version and the Bluetooth remote + mouse.
This is a God send, it lights up and has a finger pad scroll mouse.
It just makes it so much easier when typing URL's .
If anyone wants to know anything ask me what you want me to try and I'll give it a go.
Mine cost £55 delivered with the air remote mouse so for not much money you can't go wrong.

Thanks for the update mate,I actually purchased the 64gb one today along with the Rii X8 plus keyboard with scroll wheel and voice control for 58 bucks,good specs for the money as you mentioned,just need to wait a couple of weeks for delivery now.

I have a minix air mouse remote with voice control. No more typing titles, it’s great. It’s definitely a feature worth considering when buying a remote....

The box arrived a few days ago and my first impressions are it's rapid, ultra rapid.

I run STBEMU on it for the IPTV and the channels load quite fast. I bought the 64gb version and the Bluetooth remote + mouse.
This is a God send, it lights up and has a finger pad scroll mouse.
It just makes it so much easier when typing URL's .
If anyone wants to know anything ask me what you want me to try and I'll give it a go.
Mine cost £55 delivered with the air remote mouse so for not much money you can't go wrong.

Do you know if it can play Dolby Atmos/DTS-X please?

Do you know if it can play Dolby Atmos/DTS-X please?

On some devices if you install LibreELEC Kodi Krypton and run your Media with Dolby Atmos through it it will work. It does on the Minix U9..

Back