Desire HD set up

seanicca

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Just rooted my DHD, thanks to reading on here etc, not got a custom rom on it just wanted to root and uninstall some stock apps etc. I had homescreens set up how I wanted then wanted to see if it was locked or not, which it isnt, but when I put my sim back in it homescreens have gone back to stock. When I get set up again is there a way to save the changes I've made so dont have to do it all over again.

cheers

I restored from backup, but is there an easier way if it happens again, like maybe saving themes on phone itself

you need to use visonary to get temp s-off then you need to perma s-off it, if your running 1.72 then your gona need to downgrade first, but as you have already temp s-off i take it you have 1.32

[TOOL][VIDEO] One click Radio S-OFF, SimUnlock (Easy Root & S-OFF Guide) - xda-developers

that link will help you out no end, take a look at the video if you get a bit lost.
i hope this isnt breaking the rules, if it is please remove the post (its just it get mentioned over and again and this will help).

ive got stock rom running on mine, ive put gingerbread on but not overly happy atm with it so reverted back.
but the clincher for me is im getting 2621 on a quadrant benchmark, my cpu is running at 1.5.
the other good thing was being able to remove the amazon.mp3, stocks, and twitter apps, why the hell do they include these apps on the phone, leave them with sense and then have the option to download - if that was the case i wouldnt have rooted my phone.

you need to use visonary to get temp s-off then you need to perma s-off it, if your running 1.72 then your gona need to downgrade first, but as you have already temp s-off i take it you have 1.32

[TOOL][VIDEO] One click Radio S-OFF, SimUnlock (Easy Root & S-OFF Guide) - xda-developers

that link will help you out no end, take a look at the video if you get a bit lost.
i hope this isnt breaking the rules, if it is please remove the post (its just it get mentioned over and again and this will help).

ive got stock rom running on mine, ive put gingerbread on but not overly happy atm with it so reverted back.
but the clincher for me is im getting 2621 on a quadrant benchmark, my cpu is running at 1.5.
the other good thing was being able to remove the amazon.mp3, stocks, and twitter apps, why the hell do they include these apps on the phone, leave them with sense and then have the option to download - if that was the case i wouldnt have rooted my phone.

I know what you mean with stock apps, main reason I rooted.
I rooted no problems just wanted to know how to save themes/scenes after organising homescreens etc. I've managed to work it out so if i mess up i can just apply the saved scene rather than having to flash recovery backup again.

cheers

I know what you mean with stock apps, main reason I rooted.
I rooted no problems just wanted to know how to save themes/scenes after organising homescreens etc. I've managed to work it out so if i mess up i can just apply the saved scene rather than having to flash recovery backup again.

cheers

Any chance you can post what you did to sort it mate for other Desire HD users? Thanks...

Any chance you can post what you did to sort it mate for other Desire HD users? Thanks...

Didn't really do anything, I was messing about and stumbled across it. Once you set your home screens how you want them, I can only assume they are saved automatically, click on personalize icon(little paintbrush) in bottom right corner and choose scenes and current one should be in there already saved, mine was anyway, also found if you hold the home button for s few seconds your most recent apps show on screen

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

I've just got my desire hd and want to root it - but can I reinstate if anything goes wrong with the phone and I have to return it to orange. Don't want to invalidate any warranty.

Back