Dell d630 bios reset.

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A mate of mine has got his hands on a Dell latitude D630 only snag is it has a bios password set i said i would have a look, i thought just disconnect cmos battery few mins sorted no chance lol, a little more reading i could short the atmel chip, paperclip method no chance not on the D630 but i have come across this for 30 notes so i know it is doable.

DELL MASTER PASSWORD 595B 2A7B 700m BIOS UNLOCK SERVICE on eBay (end time 23-Mar-10 16:08:32 GMT)

Any one know a way round this or had a similar situation, any input appreciated cheers.

i've had a looksee and i've found theres a different program for the newer service tags. Its called latitude_masterpw.exe. don't know anything about it but managed to find a copy and i've uploaded it to mediafire. Its dos again. let us know if it works. :proud:

Latitude_MasterPW.exe

Thanks for ya effort m8 but this is MasterPW v 2.20 and still only accepts 5 digit service tag

found a readme that goes with it this is part of what it says

Enter the complete system ID at the prompt.

e.g.: 8WG030J-D35B
program will give: jgnijfyj

This _ONLY_ works for -D35B numbers (at least afaik).

Note, that on German keyboards, y and z are switched.

I just ran it with the example given and it came back with a password as shown.

any help?

found a readme that goes with it this is part of what it says

Enter the complete system ID at the prompt.

e.g.: 8WG030J-D35B
program will give: jgnijfyj

This _ONLY_ works for -D35B numbers (at least afaik).

Note, that on German keyboards, y and z are switched.

I just ran it with the example given and it came back with a password as shown.

any help?

dont like 595B suffix invalid input!

ah that's it. i think the 595B suffix is dell closing the back door :-(

given that our ebay friend says he can do 595B suffix tags there's got to be an answer out there somewhere. I'll dig a bit more latter if there's nowt on telly as I've finished bad company 2 :proud:

I put my tag in with the 595b suffix in and it generated a password for me

670fzcf6 unfortunately computer said no :Clap:

Yes just tried that still no joy
That proggy is for serials ending in 395b for sure.

Last edited:
@goldwinguk thanks for trying m8

@The Jackel my 620 ends -595B I'm sure there is a 595b and 595B suffix I couldn't get either to produce a PW, I tried 1234567-595B as a test which works with a -D35B suffix without any luck

@The Jackel my 620 ends -595B I'm sure there is a 595b and 595B suffix I couldn't get either to produce a PW, I tried 1234567-595B as a test which works with a -D35B suffix without any luck

PM me the full service tag mate. Make sure you get the case correct.

Yes same here mate do you want to go halfs on it then lol.

Little update told the lad of his options ie 30 quid for a code of ebay he wasnt arsed said i could buy lappy off him for 60 notes so i did and forked out for the code bit of a gamble, but it worked cleared all bios passwords also got it for 25 notes. also there was no password on HD so i just formatted and stuck windows 7 on it happy days 300 quid lappy up and running may wee may wee.

@ Hejira for 25 notes mate might be worth a try giving the fella an email, very helpful and answers emails.

Little update told the lad of his options ie 30 quid for a code of ebay he wasnt arsed said i could buy lappy off him for 60 notes so i did and forked out for the code bit of a gamble, but it worked cleared all bios passwords also got it for 25 notes. also there was no password on HD so i just formatted and stuck windows 7 on it happy days 300 quid lappy up and running may wee may wee.

@ Hejira for 25 notes mate might be worth a try giving the fella an email, very helpful and answers emails.

p.s thanks to Devil, goldwing and Hejira for their input.

p.s thanks to Devil, goldwing and Hejira for their input.

Sweet m8 glad ya got it sorted, thats not bad 85 quid for a 300 quid lappie, I might be back to ya for details.

I'm holding out on a long shot and it's gone back in me spares box for the mo.

I May have a different mobo but can not find the chip look up and down and I just don't see it, any help? picture of this is not as mine but is a d630 (from US)

hi i have a dell latitude d630 and cannot find the bios chip, from ur pics. my laptop is shaped differently, can anyone help.......pleeeeaaaasssseeeeee.

cheers in advance

Back