Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

dell 2400 for less than 110

Dell Dimension 4700 PC for £235 (no monitor) [was: Dell 2400 for £106]

Hi,

UPDATE (Mon. 00.00am):
===================

This thread originally detailed how to get a Dell Dimension 2400 for little more than £100 by choosing not to buy a monitor with it and ignoring their warnings that a monitor should be chosen - however, Dell quickly put a stop to this by removing the "no monitor" option on both the Dimension 2400 and the Dimension 3000 models. However, as of 10:30pm on 24 October, this option still exists on the Dimension 4600 & Dimension 4700 models.

Amazingly, the Dimension 4700 model, with more memory and a better processor, actually works out cheaper than the Dimension 4600 after removing the monitor and using the discount code mentioned below. I've therefore chosen to change the subject line to reflect this.

Anyway - this post still contains details of the Dimension 2400 but I've posted some way down this thread with details of the Dimension 4700 still available using this little wheeze. For those who don't want to read the whole thread, the e-value code for the Dimension 4700 deal mentioned in the subject line is 305-D1049.

If this has already been posted here, please accept my apologies and remove this thread - however, I couldn't see it anywhere. I thought it more sensible to get this posted up here ASAP (while the door is still open) and worry about whether I've duplicated information later.

If you missed the £190 Dell with TFT deal recently, there is now a way to get a base unit (i.e. no monitor) for only £106.56. I suspect that Dell will take so many orders on this that they will close the door by 9am on Monday.

Spec is as follows:

DELL DIMENSION 2400
===================
Intel Celeron Processor (2.6GHz)
512MB single channel DDR memory
40GB IDE Hard Drive (7200rpm)
48x DVD/CDRW Combination drive
1 Year collect and return warranty
Windows XP included
monitor NOT included

Here's how to get it at this price:

(1) Got to the Dell website
(2) Enter the e-value code 305-d1027
(3) change the warranty to 1 year collect and return
(4) Choose no monitor
(5) continue on to the checkout
(6) at the checkout, enter voucher code 2CH8N$N0BGN5V9

As you progress to the checkout, the website will complain that you should have chosen a monitor (theoretically, if you select "no monitor" on the order you are supposed to have selected a 17" LCD TV instead). However, if you just hit cancel every time this warning dialog box appears , it will still take you to the checkout where you can complete your order.

Question is...will Dell honour this deal??? Well, there's only one way to find out!...

Of course, if you're happy to use it, my Dell affiliate link can be found here:
http://www.users.totalise.co.uk/~lauriem/latest_additions.html#2410200401

Cheeers!!

Gondal

they seemed to have removed the no monitor option on these PC 's too

what a shame

Just received this email from Dell :

Dear **********,
Internet Reference Number :- **************

Thank you for your recent Internet Order.

We require clarification on the final destination address and intended use before we can complete your order. This is for our Export Compliance Legislation.

Please confirm these details with us via return of this email as soon as possible.

This is aswell as two phone calls from abroad ( i didnt answer either, wasn't sure who it was)

Do you think we'll get 'em?

just got this

We are now processing your order.

Reference Numbers:

There are two numbers that will be useful for you to quote if you want to track or discuss your order with us.
The first is the Internet Receipt (IR) Number which is: GB****-****-*****
And the second is your Order Number. We will notify you of your Order Number within the next 72 hours.
Please note - to check progress online after 24 hours of placing your order, you will need your Internet Receipt Number and your email address. See FAQs for URL details

Even the voucher redemption has gone now - lol

Did you note that no graphics card was included - so I assume that it was on board - still just whack one in on the AGP and you laughing. Good find

the feckers

got this e-mail

Dear Customer,

We are writing in regards to your recent requested purchase for a Dimension desktop on the Dell UK webstore. The monitor option that you selected requires selection of a 17" LCD TV that you neglected to select. If you would like to add this option, simply reply to this e-mail with confirmation and we will add that to your order and continue processing. The cost of the LCD TV is £390.00 excluding VAT (£458.25 including VAT). Alternatively, you can choose to change your monitor selection to one of the many monitors available for purchase with our Dimension systems. The full list of monitor offerings and prices is available for you to view online.

We look forward to your response. Please note that we will be unable to continue processing your requested purchase if you fail to choose a monitor or LCD TV.

Many thanks,

Dell Internet Sales Team

thought it was to good to be true, they have changed it completly now, it pre selects the monitor straight away ... lol

sent this reply to the e-mail see if they have a concious lol

very disappointed with this i did not want a monitor because i already have a 21 inch monitor so i have no need to purchase one
and it looked good value for the money
this was a christmas present for my wife
so now i will have to tell her she will not now have a computer

my reply to dell

Dear Sirs

Order No ************

I am disapointed to have received this e mail I have ordered these goods in good faith your web site which give the option of ordering without a monitor why was that option available if now you are telling me i need to order a monitor????

This seems to me to be extorsion on Dells part as in the company is not making enough money from my order I will expect you to honour the order as placed because if I had needed the monitor I would have ordered it but you give the option of not having one!!!!

I will be contacting trading standards regarding this as I feel the company is discremnanting against me as a customer and trying to extort more money I will also display this e mail on a public computer forum if this order is not fulfulled.

I look forward to your reply

nice one allroad - you mentioned the obvious about them making more money if a monitor is sold - you could argue that they are vastly overpriced for their monitors.

Not had any more emails since yesterday when i had to confirm final destination address & intended use also got an overseas phone call from an indian guy working for dell asking me for the same info, hope i still get mine :) fingers crossed

my reply to dell

Dear Dell Sales Team

Internet Receipt (IR) No: GB****-****-*****

I have several issues with your message.

Firstly, I object to the tone of your email. I did not "neglect" to order a monitor. I specifically wanted a basic system without a monitor, as I already have a suitable screen. I also object to your use of the word "fail" in "... if you fail to choose a monitor ...". Both of these terms ("neglect" and "fail") are aggressive, and tend to imply that if any blame attaches to an improper order, then it is mine.

Secondly, your website allowed me to choose the system without a monitor. Whilst a warning was displayed that the system chosen requires the purchase of a LCD monitor, I took this to be advice to prospective purchasers, rather than an instruction.

Effectively, your email is saying that you will disregard my order if I do not add a monitor to it. I believe that Dell does normally supply orders for CPUs only, so I should like to know why you are refusing to accept my order on this occasion.

The site gave the option of selecting "No Monitor" and whilst it popped up with messages advising you that you should select a monitor, the fact that I as a customer choose no to select a monitor is my choice and their offering. And also it did not state pretty clearly that you needed to order the LCD TV if you didn't choose a monitor. No where did it say I had to have a monitor - the option was clearly there to select "no monitor". I have a monitor in spare so I do not need any more. I am surprised and very disappointed at dell to force buying monitor/LCD TV after order which is not part of agreement. I have customised my order which your site has allowed. I have ordered systems from other UK company’s website in the past with no problem, and don’t expect this from a company of this stature. You also say Compatibility issue? Since when does not having purchased a 17" LCD become a Compatibility issue?

I am sure with Dell being an outstanding reputable company that has been in the trade for 20 years that you know all to well that not everybody requires full system upgrades and that monitor nearly always last longer both in been terms of usage and or technology in display units do not depreciate as much as other computer hardware components. You may know from discussions in various fora on the Internet that your decision to refuse such orders as mine is creating a lot of ill feeling. That is surely bad for your company in terms of public relations and customer service.

I am very sad, and not a little angry, that a major corporation like Dell should treat its customers so shabbily. However, failure to honour your offer to sell the system I required will certainly lead to my looking elsewhere for my technology purchases in the future. I would prefer to keep that order if at all possible without making a subsequent payment for an item at great expense when I do not need it.

I would be most grateful if you can honour the system that I had asked for if at all possible.

Look forward to your reply

Best regards,
:toiletcla

Back