Deleted a show by mistake? No problem...

Highlander

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We’re making another update to the latest Sky+HD boxes and adding a new feature to Sky+ called Undelete. Accidently deleting a programming will be a thing of the past as you’ll be able to retrieve recordings you or someone else in the house has deleted!

All of your deleted shows will be added to the Deleted tab, at the left of ‘All’ in the Planner - and with just one press of a button the show will go straight back in the Planner. And there’s no need to worry that the hard disk will get filled up as the oldest items will be deleted automatically - and permanently - if more space is needed for your new recordings.

deleted.jpg

In the early hours of this morning our first group of targeted customers received the enhanced Sky Guide, and over the coming weeks more customers and staff will also be getting it. To make it a smooth experience we’ll be making the updates in phases and the first boxes to be updated will be the latest Sky+HD boxes (890 model) and the Sky+HD 1TB (895 model). The rest of the boxes (790, Samsung and Pace) will be updated later in the year.
Anytime+ changing to On Demand

With this update, we’ll also be changing Anytime and Anytime+ to the new name On Demand to enable the Sky+HD boxes to be ready for Catch Up TV.

Catch Up TV will be rolling out through October and means that for the forgetful among you, you’ll never have to miss your favourite shows again. So make sure you’re ready for Catch Up TV by connecting the Sky+HD box to your broadband router.

So in theory you would be loosing space on the internal HDD? If its only "temp deleting" its the same as putting it in the recylce bin - the data doesnt get deleted until either a schedule empties the temp deleted location or you manually do it yourself.

they may have the best user interface and epg, but, their things like this are years behing the linux receiver community, which has had a pvr 'deleted items' space for years and years

their next things will be 'plugins' or apps

this is startng to sound like a "virgin media vs sky" lawsuit coming...

although i can agree is a good feature..

was only the other day i was wondering how i could view a channel in the mini screen on the epg on my tivo box.. one of the features i miss from sky on virgin...

Back