Debug mode but no Neutrino!!!!

Flash a sportster image to the box (make sure its a 2x or 1x depending on your box) using IFA - dont worry about it not connecting - just keep trying and it WILL work.

Remember:

* All Firewalls disabled (including the built-in Windows XP one)
* All AntiVirus disabled (even the cheap crap that you think doesnt work!)
* If you have norton, also disable "worm protection"
* Disable all other network connections, including your internet - only your one ethernet connection thats in use should be enabled. Also disable any "Connection bridges" that your computer may have made.

* Make sure that your ethernet CROSSOVER cable is attached.
* If you have a null modem cable, attach that as well (not required but helps!)
* Make sure that you have a STATIC IP assigned.

Then:

1. Power up the DBOX, and leave it running
2. Power up the PC, and log on.
3. Start up the IFA (Image Flashing Assistant) software.
4. Select an image file to flash, and continue.
5. A message box will be displayed, click OK on that.
6. Power OFF the dbox by the plug.
7. Wait 3 seconds.
8. Power ON the dbox by the plug.
9. Check the LCD - does it say "flashing" or anything?

If yes:
WAIT until the LCD displays "flashing done!", and power off the dbox.
Disconnect the ethernet and power ON the dbox.
Watch it load - The Flash is complete.

If no:
Repeat steps 6, 7 and 8. Keep trying. At least 25 times. It can take a while to kick in. Remember, we dont want the "betasearch" logo coming up after the debug screen on the LCD.

If still not working:
Press and hold the UP and STANDBY buttons on the front of the box to reset it. Watch the LCD - if it says "flashing" then thats good, just wait for it to complete. If it still isnt working, keep trying the UP and STANDBY trick.

Either one of these methods will eventually work; just keep going.

And also remember: if you dont attach a null modem cable, then you will NOT get any response from IFA whilst the flashing process is ongoing - the screen will just remain blank and white.

ed209 said:
I have a Nokia Dbox2 with 2 intel chips in debug mode I'm trying to get Neutrino on using IFA but it's not flashing the box I know the connections are set up right as I've just installed it on another box but even when I push up on the box after plugging the box in or resetting it using standby and up the lcd's stuck on the debug mode screen with 5 loading blocks... Please throw me a bone!!!

Another tip: make sure you are using IFA version 1.5.6 in ENGLISH: [DLMURL]http://www.dboxservice-hallenberg.de/freedownload.php?downloadid=3[/DLMURL]

And DONT close the DBOXBootManager window if it pops up - it should always stay minimized. It could also be that you have damaged the box whilst putting it into debug mode, but is unlikely.

Last edited by a moderator:
i still think its not in debug as

blue screen says dbox and betanova and bmon v1.2 mid 01 feid 7a gta.... ect

all says to me that its not in debug mode

liam can you confirm this m8

cheers

The BetaNova software seems to suggest that the box is not in debug mode.
However, because ed209 has stated that he gets "bmon v1.2 mid01 feid 7a" etc then I am led to believe that he can see this screen:

dbox-display-debug.jpg

If this screen is visible then the box should be in debug mode, even tho the original Premiere software is still loaded. I think he'll need to flash an image to the box to remove the original software and put a neutrino-based image in its place.

But saying that, im open to suggestions.
Liam.

That's right Liam the above image comes on the lcd screen when I turn the dbox on

Make sure that you have a STATIC IP assigned.

Help I'm not sure what to do with the Static IP

ed did you download that file it gives you a guide to do it m8

Back