Dealextreme OOS - try here

did anyone get a bill from customs... I ordered something from China... Cost £85 and got a bill from Customs asking for £15 import VAT.... in the end cost more than it was worth...

got some kind of bill but it just said £0.00 on mine i think. nothing about needing to pay anything or where to send

importing from anywhere outside EU can incur taxes

for a normal import u are allowed up to £18 tax free

over £18 add the import duty, then delivery charge and to top it off - vat at 17.5%
it is at customs discretion to collect anything under £7, but they usually don`t bother.
if your package is opened - then u pay something like £8 for them to seal it up again

if its marked as a gift - u are allowed up to £34 tax free.

the import duty for good depends on the classification at hm customs.

remember - with mr taxman, u are guilty until u prove your innocence.

regards
jase

just got the dreaded letter from customs , i purchased a few dstt cards and a few memory cards but because winsunx did not put the amount i had paid for postage on box ($26) customs put £45 for estimated delivery cost which when added to the total cost meant that i had a twenty pound bill to pay which was £13.60 customs and £6.80 fedex admin charge - gutted , anyway rang fedex and complained that they might of informed customs of the real delivery cost but got fobbed off , eventually though i wore them down and finally got the £6.80 admin charge removed but that still leaves me £13.62 out of pocket , like they say - you learn something new everyday and this was todays lesson , so be warned that if you intend to buy cheap cards from china you may get stung later by customs , incedentally , i have purchased many more from dealextreme in the past and never had this happen before , so i suppose i have been lucky really

I think when DX have stock again it may be worth ordering individually. I know you will not get the multiple discount but the value of the individual packs will be below the threshold and the Tax is more than the discount.

Before anybody buys from Dealextreme can I just add my two pence worth. I ordered 2 DS TT cards from them on the 13th of January and have still not received them. Their customer services rank worse than Telepest, Orange and Dell. They don't answer their tickets, they don't update their customers.

Here's some word of advice, pay the extra and buy from supercardstore and you'll get yours next day usually. There is also another guy on this forum that sells them that is very reliable also but my experience with Dealextreme is shocking.

Back