dead dm500s

no idea what my pin outs are as i bought a serial null modem cable so i knew it was right instead of trying to save about 2quid and give me a headache;)

ou yea you saving 2 quid instead of saving your time, it's easer for me to make a cable
in 10 min, instead of going somethere and searching who is selling these cables,
or waiting few days for receiving item. :eek:
sorry mate but looks like you just looking what is written on things, and don't care what's
inside =]
i'll asked already in other forums, and it looks like you need a programmer and desolder flash..
so i'll just send mainboard to change it..

well do what you wish m8. but for me it was far easier to go and buy and ready made cable than going to buy a normal serial cable then fooking about chopping it up to make one..........but i suppose if you say it easier chopping it then so be it.

and for what it's worth you'd probably be better off buying a new box than paying the price for a main board

sorry mate but for my it's easer just open mine toolbox take two db9 connectors solder 6 wires,
and thats it. but in your case maybe for every new cable you just going to shop buying soldering
iron, wires, soldering station, then it's easer of cause just buy premade cable, maybe it was already
written 'dreamup flashing cable'.
sorry but it looks like so..

off cause it's easer just send this mainboard to china for warranty, and wait for replacement,
but it's Christmas and I wanna watch something on telly as all my guests
of cause.

@mush please conect dreambox with null cable and use hyperterm do you get any output from there ?

cheers

osborne82

i found some info on spanish forum howto jtag,
maybe somebody wanna try it?

well i may try it next week i havent made the interface cable yet but i also had this images from the spanish site, according to the guy that posted the picture with the cable he mention it was for all dreamboxes but am not to sure about it that the reason im doing more research!!

has anyone try it yet?????????????

I am interested to find out if you can revive the bootloader

I might have no choice but to extract the bootloader from a working box and flash it onto the dead box. dreamup freezes after now booting kernal and I can not break into any menus during booting

Back