DCC with TM800 HD

forest1

Inactive User
Reaction score
I am trying to use DCC everything tells me it's ok all green FTP & Telnet connected but i still don't see my files on the reciever side?

Network: OK
User: root
Passw: Blank

is this right? if yes why am i not seeing files, all this was fine on the TM9100 but nothing on the TM800 HD

Help please
Thanks Rob

Telnet box write passwd than press enter than again write technomate press enter technomate press enter now you password is technomate
go back name root password technomate reconnect

Sorry mate but not sure what your saying?

Type: passwd press entre
type:technomate, press entre

it won;t let me type technomate?

Sorry mate but not sure what your saying?

Type: passwd press entre
type:technomate, press entre

it won;t let me type technomate?

use Telnet option in DCC and do as mjamil m8!

I have tryed in telnet option but all it does is let me type Passwd which i do then press entre then when i want to type technomate it won't allow me to, why?

Check the version of the image that you are using
- if it's UR-SR, then you cannot ftp or telnet.
- if not, then you are doing something wrong

still not working, i mean how easy is it to type passwd

when i click re-connect button in DCC the green bar appears but the ftp light stays green and the telnet lights turns red? so how can i telnet when it won't let me.
This all use to work with my tm9100 but since i have changed to the tm800 HD nothing, not only that my bloody FTP site is not working now

user : root
passwd: left blank

all this was working yesterday now it not, help some one please!

As for filezilla sorry but i haven't got a clue how to run this program unless some one can talk me throught it

host?
username?
password?
port?

what do i put in them?

I have tryed in telnet option but all it does is let me type Passwd which i do then press entre then when i want to type technomate it won't allow me to, why?

thats a linux effect although it wont show the text your typing it DOES WORK lol
itl appear as no text as been entered
just enter what you wanna change it to hit enter should ask you to retype it again hit enter jobs done password set/changed :)

cheers

osborne82

Let me get this right

open DCC
green bar network ok
telnet displays red light?
click on red light turns it green
telnet tab
typy the word:passwd
type:technomate even though it doesn't move or show
then i get loggin incorrect?

what now?

Let me get this right

open DCC
green bar network ok
telnet displays red light?
click on red light turns it green
telnet tab
typy the word:passwd
type:technomate even though it doesn't move or show
then i get loggin incorrect?

what now?

Try resetting your password using the remote.Then type this in the passw box in DCC and hit reconnect.All lines should be green if not check the box ip address.
My guess is the password is already set in the box and therefore telnet will not connect using blank in DCC.

Try resetting your password using the remote.Then type this in the passw box in DCC and hit reconnect.All lines should be green if not check the box ip address.
My guess is the password is already set in the box and therefore telnet will not connect using blank in DCC.

Hi mate, i haven't set any password on the reciever at all, the ftp on IE was working fine just using root with the passwd left blank , now for some unknown reason it's not.

The only thing i can think of is , i tryed to use the telnet option in DCC so i could use that program i get green bar say network ok, but the telnet button at the bottom is still red, everything i try many ftp programs all want a password and i don't know what it is? errrg getting very frustrated with it now.

If i factory reset will it put it back to new and maybe it will work then?

Its been said already, but did you try Filezilla

Hooley, he already replied: He does not know how to use it. If he doesn't know how to use Telnet, set the password, etc., throwing 100 options at him is not going to help.

Forest, image re-flash will put you back at clean slate for sure. From there, do one thing at the time, doing what you know how to and using the tools that you know.

When you reach the end of the road, ask for advice before it's too late.

Here's an advice for DCC:
- DCC will connect to the box (any type) even without the password (password not set)
- Built-in Telnet will work
- Built-in FTP will NOT WORK without the password being set

As far as basic use of Linux, Google is your friend - there are many sites that will give you a good explanation of Linux commands with full syntax and examples.

I have change windows , i have factory resett my reciever and still can't access FTP still asking for password, please someone must be able to help

download tcc (technomate control panel) and change password from there, it worked for me.

Hooley, he already replied: He does not know how to use it. If he doesn't know how to use Telnet, set the password, etc., throwing 100 options at him is not going to help.

Forest, image re-flash will put you back at clean slate for sure. From there, do one thing at the time, doing what you know how to and using the tools that you know.

When you reach the end of the road, ask for advice before it's too late.

Here's an advice for DCC:
- DCC will connect to the box (any type) even without the password (password not set)
- Built-in Telnet will work
- Built-in FTP will NOT WORK without the password being set

As far as basic use of Linux, Google is your friend - there are many sites that will give you a good explanation of Linux commands with full syntax and examples.

Sorry, I didnt see him answering about filezilla

@Hooley: No harm done, he doesn't seem to read the recommendations anyway :)

@Crazydiamond: If he knew what his password was in the first place, there would be a few good ways to change it (without the TCC).

Last edited:
He thinks that it should be blank, but what he is decribing tells a different story. Anyway, let me get my coat... it's a dead thread.

Back