DC++ settings ?

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Ive been an on/off user of the hubs on dc++ for years now.

What ive often wondered about is this :>

The upload and download speeds, are they effected in any way if you just leave all the settings at default, I.E - does the default settings give me maximum download speed and other people uploading from me maximum speed too ??

I see an option in settings "personal information" where it says "line speed upload", is this just to advertise the speed to other people in effect doesnt really mean anything, eh ??? What should it be set to anyway for a 10mb ntl broadband connection ?

Appreciate any help/advice.

I was using the digy hub to transfer a file to my pal tonight, it took as long as it takes using the likes of msn messenger, it was running about 60Kib/s, is that correct ??

I thought it ran a lot faster than that, iam sure i remember using the hub before and it was wooosshhhhhh.

Please let me know if we'r doing summit wrong or if thats the speed that the digy hub runs at, and does that mean all public hubs are the same ??

We both have 10mb connections.

Cheers :Cheers:

It depends on how much you're uploading and downloading at the same time as well. If you are in the same geographical location, say both in the UK, use a UK hub or something, just an idea. But DC++ can be quite unstable speedwise tho. Its good for finding rare files mind.
Try share a lot!!

devil666x said:
It depends on how much you're uploading and downloading at the same time as well. If you are in the same geographical location, say both in the UK, use a UK hub or something, just an idea. But DC++ can be quite unstable speedwise tho. Its good for finding rare files mind.
Try share a lot!!
was a uk hub mate, and both us in uk.

Dutcho said:
The setting has no affect on you at all, to alter download upload speeds just adjust how many slots you have open also how many you download with ;)
I tried turning the upload slots available up to 50, lol, but on the digy hub my download speed to craigend is still only averaging 60kibs, just wondering if this is correct or not, i dont mind it running at 60, just wondering if thats right or not ? its just one file transfer, he isnt uploading or downloading anything else and neither am i.

Yeah welll whats your upload speed, never mind your 10 meg download speed ;) Also increasing the slots wqon't help, that just allows upto 50 ppl to download from you at once, I think you should set that back to 3 or 4. same with download slots ;)

The one thing most peolple forget is its not 10meg its upto 10meg lol and if your on cable i would think your upload speed is about right as the upload speed on cable is very slow Hubs are renown for being slow speeds but again it depends on so many ifs and buts m8.
keep your slots to the minimun you can up and down a lot of hubs wont allow more slots than your connection will handle if the hubs any good that is.If your only in 1 hub i would set it to 2 up and 2 down i think thats the min most hubs use m8.
have fun

Still sure i used to go on some hubs and the speed was like woooooooooshhhhhhhh, mega fast, speed like get a full movie in minutes rather than hours, cant remember if it was digy hub though its still settling down at about 60, but hey, its still good if you wanna swap files with yer friend or summit and saves them having to go search for stuff etc :)

Edit :>>
My upload speed i think for ntl 10mb cable is 512k (i think).

if the upload speed is 512kbs
ur speed of 60 is ok
the speed is 512 kilobits not 512 kilobytes there a difference

the 60 u r getting is 600kilobits
so u getting better the you r suposed to
forget the 10mb
u only get up to
and on avarage will be a bout 600 to 800 kilobytes

davidh said:
if the upload speed is 512kbs
ur speed of 60 is ok
the speed is 512 kilobits not 512 kilobytes there a difference