dbox2 sat any good?

motsey

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi i have done a search for dbox2 sat but not come up with anything all i keep getting is the cable version. I want to know if they are any good. A guy i know is working over here from germany and want to know if anything can be done with it if he brings it over from germany as he has one lying about there. He wants to watch german channels as well as adult channels but dosent want to pay a subscription.

I have read about the dreamboxs on here and seen they are very good is he better off buying one of them from over there as you can install cams and watch encrypted channels or can the same be done to a dbox2 sat?

Also dose this box have to be in debug mode like the cable recieveres if so is it easy to do?

-Thanks

you can do basicly the same on a dbox and dreambox,however i would recommend buying a dreambox as they're newer and look better and have a lot more images about.

they dont need to be in debug mode and you can currently get german package premiere open

ok thanks mate he will be going back to germany to in a week and back in 3 weeks so he will bring it with him, so where is the best place to find tuts and images etc (cant see anyting in downloads) ive done a cable dbox2 but not a sat one.

-Thanks

because the dbox2 is old it will be hard to find support for it. I'd go with Krazys bit of advice- tell him to get something modern.... or keep out of it and dont get involved with sorting friends probs out lol :).

ok thanks guys i will let him know, i like playing with this stuff its intresting (only when it goes right lol)

In my eyes the dbox2 is overpriced.
The most receiver are over 6 years old, better you buy a Dreambox 500S or a Relook receiver and you have new receiver with full warranty.

lol @ relook. I have a dbox2 sat and imo it performs better than a 500s without a doubt. And theres hardly any difference in the dreambox/dbox2 images anyways, Just flash a cable image and its easy enuff to mod. Im not getting at anyone i just find the box as a whole to be more stable than a dreambox :D :Cheers:

lol @ relook. I have a dbox2 sat and imo it performs better than a 500s without a doubt. And theres hardly any difference in the dreambox/dbox2 images anyways, Just flash a cable image and its easy enuff to mod. Im not getting at anyone i just find the box as a whole to be more stable than a dreambox :D :Cheers:

Hi m8, I have a sat dbox2 up in attic that i used to use for Italian chanels but lost so many chanels a few at a time that i gave up and just shoved it up there out of the way. Is there any way i can get it working again to view Italian tv ?. P.S. it was using a card b4.

Hi@all!

I´m new to this forum and I just read this post. I´m from Germany so don´t laugh about my language or how I´m expressing myself here.

I´ve got a dbox2, too, and inthis tim it is too expensive to buy because you can open german PayTV with it at the moment.

And, I always would prefer a dbox instead of a dream. I´ve got an IDE-interface in it with a 160GB hard disk.

And the support all around this thing is better than anything else in german forums. Plus there are hundreds of images for the dbox available.

Italian TV can´t be opened right now.

what is the best image to use for a dbox and wher would I find the othe files for services etc. Cheers.

You will get a satellite image here...

http://sportster.ump2002.net/downloads.php

...any one will do. Just make sure you download the appropriate 2x or 1x image for your box. These images come ready for satellite so you shouldn't need any other images.

The services file should be generated when you start to scan the satellites.

Thanks for getting back to me. But how do I know which is for sat and which are for cable. Not clear on site. :)

Do I do this by transfering file "cable xml" by ftp.

If you want to convert the scanning on the image to scan cable, yes, but this is the satellite room. Thought you said had a sat dbox2? For satellite there is a satellites.xml file which allows you to scan the different satellites.

Yes sorry it is a sat dbox. Will I find the file in downloads.

Back