DBox2 (cable) How do I Manual Scan in Andromeda v2?

Happy Daze

Inactive User
Reaction score
In 2008 I bought a Nokia Dbox2 (cable version) and took it to my holiday home in Spain (Torrevieja) Being a total noobie I spent months messing around with it trying to get the local cable TV service which provided UK FTA channels. I eventually had limited success using Andromeda v2 when the TV provider went bust and stopped transmitting. The box then went into the wardrobe to gather dust where it has been since now. In a fit of boredom today (because it was raining) I reconnected the box and did a service scan with Chorus Bruteforce, well bugger me if it didn’t find 23 TV and 7 radio UK FTA channels . Great! I’m now a ‘Conejo Feliz’ (Happy Bunny in Spanish) All this is a lead-up to a simple question….How can I activate the ‘Manual Scan’ option in Andromeda v2 so I can try to get at the Spanish channels too? This option is shown under Service/Service Scan but Manual Scan is set to OFF with no obvious way of enabling it. Thanks.

Thanks hixy for the suggestion, I've tried that (probably several times) but I've just tried it again to make 110% sure I hadn't missed anything embarrassingly obvious; nothing I do on that page makes the Manual Scan accessible. Any other ideas?

I've just noticed there's a forum dedicated to Dox2s so I'll pose this question there too, I hope this doesn't break any rules (having the same question in two places)??

Back