dbox on lcd tv

stargazer

Inactive User
Reaction score
:confused: Sorry if this has been covered before but got a new lcd tv (high dif) and the picture quality from my dbox2 is very poor. Connect to a stand tv it looks great same svhs signal etc but the lcd resolution being higher realy shows how poor the picture is. Now the question is how do i improve the picture quality ?. The built in freeview gives a better picture !!!!. It's a sagam running cryo sportster pro 1.02 ultra with gav's updates etc. Thanks for any help.

stargazer said:
:confused: Sorry if this has been covered before but got a new lcd tv (high dif) and the picture quality from my dbox2 is very poor. Connect to a stand tv it looks great same svhs signal etc but the lcd resolution being higher realy shows how poor the picture is. Now the question is how do i improve the picture quality ?. The built in freeview gives a better picture !!!!. It's a sagam running cryo sportster pro 1.02 ultra with gav's updates etc. Thanks for any help.

i think there is a few people running a lcd tv's and get ok picture quality just hang on i think someone will help you out soon m8

cheers

I recently bought a HD 50" plasma and the picture quality from by dbox was also poor.

I tried loads of images and loads of settings, i.e. RGB, S-Video, Component, all with go great improvement.

I would recommend getting a dreambox...I know it's hard to get places with them in stock at the moment but it is a better cable box and the picture is superb!

ive got 2 dboxes, 1 on 42" plasma downstairs and 1 on a hd 19" lcd in bedroom both pictures are great, just have to mess about with the settings on the boxes and in the tv's, took a while to get it sorted but i did it in the end, just have a mess with the settings on both

seanicca said:
ive got 2 dboxes, 1 on 42" plasma downstairs and 1 on a hd 19" lcd in bedroom both pictures are great, just have to mess about with the settings on the boxes and in the tv's, took a while to get it sorted but i did it in the end, just have a mess with the settings on both

m8 can you tell others what your settings are set to please!!!!

cheers

gav12345 said:
m8 can you tell others what your settings are set to please!!!!

cheers

hi
i have the box set for rgb+cvbs, tried the others but this is just a little bit better
i have the tv settings as

contrast =84
brightness=60
colour=45
sharpness=60

its a lg 42" plasma, all tv's are different but should be able to change each individual setting manually, as for lcd i f**ked my box last night and was hoping it would be ok but unfortunately it now says its a sat box :( so unable to see what the settings were

now says its a sat box

Sorry to go off-topic but...

Try flashing the image again and see if it springs to life.
Worst case scenario, when the tuner goes completely, the dbox can't talk to it and assumes its a sat tuner...let's hope it's not this!

The settings you describe above didn't help me in my quest for a better picture...the colour, broghtness, etc. were fine, it was the sharpness and crispness that wasn't good...there was a fuzzy line round the edge of people and I basically just wan't happy with it.
Peoples description of a 'good picture' will be different...IMO the dreambox is far better than the dbox..it's more dvd quality (but not quite...lol).

Last edited:
Try flashing the image again and see if it springs to life.
Worst case scenario, when the tuner goes completely, the dbox can't talk to it and assumes its a sat tuner...let's hope it's not this!

tried flashing still no joy so have ordered another and i'll try and salvage some parts from the dud 1.

as for settings took me a while to get use to but ok now, have tried db but other half didn't like it so sold it :grayno: but will be looking to get 1 again later in year, when stocks build up

ive got 2 dboxes, 1 on a 50" plasma downstairs and 1 on a hd 30" lcd in bedroom both pictures are great. It did take a while to set them up properly. I think the most important thing is your need to make sure the port on your tv can take the RGB and your cable supporting RGB as well.
Good Luck

Apparently Dream Multimedia are bringing out a DM8000 later in the year. Not much details are known about it. Looks like this will be able to handle HD, comes with a dual tuner and the option of a hard disk.

devilfish said:
Apparently Dream Multimedia are bringing out a DM8000 later in the year. Not much details are known about it. Looks like this will be able to handle HD, comes with a dual tuner and the option of a hard disk.

Great a new toy, i'll def be getting one of those, don't have a dreambox at the mo, will have to learn.

I've got my dbox connected to a acer 32" HD/LCD, the picture varies with the transmission, i.e. live footy is ok(slight haze around the players) and uktv gold has shadowing and ghosting.
The best picture comes when I connect via scart1(set rgb) with the dbox set at rgb-cvbs. I'm looking forward to HD, just have to put up with it for now.

well

Well tryed diffrent settings and found that diffrent channels have diffrent picture sizes thus better quality if in higher res. Also found the s-vhs gave me the best picture but had to turn off / set to zero the shapnes to blur the picture.
forgot to say the tele was a samsung lcd tv.

thanks for all the help and you can close this thread....

Back