David Cameron's newborn baby 'sleeps in cardboard box'

Evastar

Inactive User
Reaction score
David Cameron's new baby sleeps not in a cot, but in a cardboard box, the prime minister has said.

Mr Cameron said when Florence was born last month, she did not have a cot so his six-year-old daughter Nancy decorated the box for her to sleep in.

The prime minister's wife Samantha had given birth to the baby girl while the family were on holiday in Cornwall.

Mr Cameron told the Daily Telegraph the baby stayed sleeping in the box, even after they returned to Downing Street.

The Prime Minister said baby Florence is "wonderful and quite well behaved. She eats and sleeps mostly at the relevant time and she's been a delight.

"The other children [six-year-old Nancy, and four-year-old Elwen] adore her and pander to her like mad."

Prime Minister David Cameron

He told the newspaper: "Nancy made her a cardboard box when we were in Cornwall as we didn't have a cot and decorated it and she's still in the cardboard box.

"She'll be able to say I was brought up in Downing Street in a cardboard box."

The birth of Florence coincided with the death of Mr Cameron's father Ian, who suffered a stroke while on holiday in France last month.

The prime minister said he was able to show the 77-year-old around Chequers shortly before he died.

Mr Cameron told the newspaper how he pushed his father around the grounds in a wheelchair and said: "I was determined to get him up the stairs... there's a beautiful room where there's Cromwell's sword and all that.

"He wanted to as well, there's a rope that goes up the stairs, it was bit like going up the North face of the Eiger, he pulled and we pushed and finally we got there, so my last memories of him are very happy."

BBC News - David Cameron's newborn baby 'sleeps in cardboard box'

Last edited:
lol that one was next.

i like the human interest stories, people can discuss them and give their opinions on them.

for example why is David Cameron doing this, personally i assume it's some kind of a publicity stunt to give people the impression that he's just an ordinary guy and isn't into money, that kind of thing.

Secondly, i wonder where he puts the cardboard box i can't imagine that they would be all that stable. So if he puts it on top of something is the baby trying to roll over likely to topple it off, and if he leaves it on the floor is the baby more susceptible to draughts?

It might be out of Tesco or Lidl ;)

And what was originally in the box? If it was a washing powder or detergent box etc might have particles in it that wouldn't be good for the baby's skin. lol

You can't just rush out and pick any old cardboard box for your baby you know! ;)

David Cameron's new baby sleeps not in a cot, but in a cardboard box, the prime minister has said.

Mr Cameron said when Florence was born last month, she did not have a cot so his six-year-old daughter Nancy decorated the box for her to sleep in.

The prime minister's wife Samantha had given birth to the baby girl while the family were on holiday in Cornwall.

Mr Cameron told the Daily Telegraph the baby stayed sleeping in the box, even after they returned to Downing Street.

The Prime Minister said baby Florence is "wonderful and quite well behaved. She eats and sleeps mostly at the relevant time and she's been a delight.

"The other children [six-year-old Nancy, and four-year-old Elwen] adore her and pander to her like mad."

"My last memories of him are very happy”

Prime Minister David Cameron

He told the newspaper: "Nancy made her a cardboard box when we were in Cornwall as we didn't have a cot and decorated it and she's still in the cardboard box.

"She'll be able to say I was brought up in Downing Street in a cardboard box."

The birth of Florence coincided with the death of Mr Cameron's father Ian, who suffered a stroke while on holiday in France last month.

The prime minister said he was able to show the 77-year-old around Chequers shortly before he died.

Mr Cameron told the newspaper how he pushed his father around the grounds in a wheelchair and said: "I was determined to get him up the stairs... there's a beautiful room where there's Cromwell's sword and all that.

"He wanted to as well, there's a rope that goes up the stairs, it was bit like going up the North face of the Eiger, he pulled and we pushed and finally we got there, so my last memories of him are very happy."

BBC News - David Cameron's newborn baby 'sleeps in cardboard box'

that has to be the biggest load of bull I've read for ages sleeping in a box my arse, I'm sure he will have bought a crib and put it down on his expenses :)

Back