Cutting out the middle men

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
Where ive been buying these 'collection only' tellys off ebay, ive come to notice that south wales has a few people who are always selling broken tellys that they somehow come across, so now deal directly ;)

heres next weeks collections so far from one seller

-a 42 inch flatscreen dmtech tv screens fine comes on ok then it shows funny lines,also a flatscreen 17 inch,no power and another 17 inch flatscreen

this week ill also take some pics of sets i have here, and looking at them, i think ill start breaking a lot of them down, and list the parts i have for sale, as it looks like im starting to turn into one of those crazy hoarder type people lol

Collyer brothers - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hoard a little, just a little though :).

Still got two Dell monitors I was going to repair, left them for well over a year in bits while I was "getting around" to ordering the parts (for the inverters, common issue with them so I read). They're still there, in boxes, still in pieces. I'm getting around to it.

what invertors m8, ive just stripped out a HP monitor with a broken 19" screen, the PSU went into a Dell, and i have the controller board here and im sure i got the invertor as well

I can't remember now, the cases are somewhere, the LCD somewhere else and the PCBs somewhere nearby.

I might dig them out though, I'm sure one was a BenQ inside.

One was a FET, I think, alledgedly difficult to get in that specific package but available as a TO-220.

just looked now m8, the invertors are part of the PSU board, which went into the other monitro, soz :)

I've another el-cheapo monitor, still intact, with what was described to me as "bits missing and funny colours at the bottom". not switched it on yet though.

Is that the FFC/FPC, driver, LCD usually?

could be something as simple as the screen connector not sitting properly in its socket m8

If your selling any of the larger tv's give me a shout :Clap:

Back