Custom IPTV Plugin.....

pwillo1982

DW Member +
Reaction score
I am writing a plugin that will login to my IPTV provider's member portal and automatically add the channels to my box as a new bouquet.

Its a python script that does the following:

Login to the portal using Python-Mechanize to simulate a browser (Needs to handle session cookies)
download my .m3u file
convert it to a usable enigma2 bouquet file by doing various operations
copy the converted IPTV.tv file to /etc/enigma2/
edit /etc/enigma2/bouquets.tv to include the new bouquet

This all works fine but I am unable to automatically re-load the channel lists once its finished, my python script uses the following built in web service command:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Which returns the following xml response in the console to say they channels are being re-loaded successfully:

Code:

But when i'm going into the channel lists my new bouquet isn't showing?

Strange thing is, if I manually browse to http://DM_IP/web/servicelistreload?mode=0 in chrome I get the same response but when I go into the lists my new bouquet appears fine.

Anyone know what may be causing this?

Never mind, if I launch the command directly in the shell it reloads successfully so I just called my python script from a .sh script and run the refresh command once the python script finished

Code:

Are there any guides/files for making your own ipk files around?

How are you saving your file mate, I had problem with windows. So I wrote the plugin on the Dreambox with VI or on my centos server with nano

The script is working fine now and have it installed as a plugin by ftp'ing the files over, just need to work out how to package it into an ipk file

You do that from your Dreambox / receiver, I am not on my PC at the moment, but will get you the code it's quite easy mate

Thanks bud, I seen that command but what parameters does it take?

Does it just take a folder as input that is in the same structure as the box?

Sorry mate still can't get on a PC, but you need to create a architecture file, I can't remember it fully but I will get you all the details later.

You need to create the folder then all the files.

I will put up the source for one I wrote about a year ago

Cheers, no rush, much appreciated!

This thread should be a good how-to anyway once its got the details in as I haven't seen much info here or anywhere else.

Once thats sorted I just need to get my head around making some custom screens so I can enter username and password on the box itself and write them to file.

I'll add instructions for that once I have got my head round it myself :)

Managed to sort it myself now anyway....

Just had to install enigma2-plugin-extensions-opkg-tools_1.3_all.ipk and then the following:

create a directory on the box for your plugin e.g. /tmp/plugin-name

create a file named "control" with contents similar to the below:

Code:

This needs to be placed inside a folder named "CONTROL" within your plugin directory e.g. /tmp/plugin-name/CONTROL/control

Then you need to create a directory structure that is the same as your box, e.g. if you want the files to be installed to
Code:

you would create the same path within your plugin folder and place the files in there:

Code:

For any other files in any other folders you just follow the same process as above.

Once you have all the files in place you run the following command:

Code:

Once finished your ipk file will be in the same directory

Last edited:
Back