Crossepg not updating by itself

john1986

Inactive User
Reaction score
Im having slight problem since ive upgraded from usb stick to WD external hard drive im having problems with crossepg not updating by itself ive set crossepg to update every 6am getting to stage where i have to keep going into crossepg settings to click download myself .. im using latest vix image 2.3

check the settings to see where its saving to it might be a different mount?

does the epg get updated whilst the vu+duo is in standyby mode....?...i have blackhole 1.7.2 image...cheers

I left my box running VTI 4.1 overnight and Cross EPG did its stuff :)

I left my box running VTI 4.1 overnight and Cross EPG did its stuff :)
so you have to leave the box on overnight if you want the epg to get updated..??????????...what a waste of electricity..lol..

I have set CrossEPG to wake the box from sleep mode at 4am. (didn't get up to check) EPG was nicely updated this morning

The consumption is <1w on standby so I'm happy with that.

you can do it manually by pressing blue crossepg downloader no need to leave it in standby

edogg

you can do it manually by pressing blue crossepg downloader no need to leave it in standby

edogg

Agreed but the point is I want this box to be the family TV source, not just my techy toy. The fact that the family turn it on and press the epg button and thats what they get is perfect.
I am happy to leave the box in standby overnight.

There are two types of standby. I have an Openvix based receiver which wakes up for the download out of normal standby. There is also an option for waking up from deep standby. If you normally put the receiver into deep standby, it may be worth toggling this feature.

Back