Crossepg DM800se not updating correctly

just an update :) this has been working fine

automatic updates daily @ 8.28am
both epg.dat and ext.epg.dat updating together :)

so far so good

Good stuff :)

When I last checked on the CrossEPG GITS site the author hadn't accepted my latest changes so they still won't be there as part of the install IPK. The changes made to fix the revert to flash have been accepted and have made it into the install source as when I looked on CrossEPG on my Duo I can see my comments in the files I modded.

Last edited:
My revised code appears to be working so here it is for anybody that wants to help with testing it, same story, make a backup of the original file and then overwrite with this copy and then restart enigma2.

If anybody is interested I replaced this section of code:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

with this:

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Also made similar changes in the loadEDG subroutine.

What the code used to do before was spawn a separate shell process by using the os.system call which would randomly fail.

What the new code does is use an Enigma call which effectively is built in functionality but it runs asynchronously which is what initially threw me. The line def dataAvail gets called whilst the program that processes the EPG runs in the background and the line def appClosed gets called when the program finishes which is why the lines self.epgpatch(eEPGCache.getInstance()) and self.closeAndCallback(True) have been moved when compared to the original code.

So effectively, whereas the previous code used to step through line by line one after the other, the new code performs a callback to the plugin whilst the program that processes the EPG data runs. It all sounds waffly but I can't think of a simpler way to explain it all to be honest.

Tried to go through as much of this thread as possible before my eyes started to hurt.

Does this code of yours work for the DM800HD? I have installed your usb drive fix.

My problem is that CrossEPG doesn't show any program names next to any channels in the bouquet channel list. Now and again randomly, it will show up a program next to all channels. I thought it could be that the USB drive is overheating, but I don't think this is the issue. Does your code resolve this?

It resolved the problem for me and I believe a few others here. No need to edit the file as I attached a copy of the modified file.

I checked a few days ago and the author of CrossEPG still have accepted or rejected the changes, I know that he doesn't visit that frequently so it a case of waiting I suppose.

still working great for me teaf :) although on occasions I find that the box doesnt go back into standby as when i get up in the morning its on, even if i hadnt watched tv at all the day before so its not me forgetting to put it in standby lol. its far from an issue but i was wondering if i was the only one?

mine is working great do an epg update worked everytime so far and about every once a weeks i reboot the box, just to clear the memory.

It resolved the problem for me and I believe a few others here. No need to edit the file as I attached a copy of the modified file.

I checked a few days ago and the author of CrossEPG still have accepted or rejected the changes, I know that he doesn't visit that frequently so it a case of waiting I suppose.

I guess I'll have to investigate why it doesn't for me then =\

Very strange how this happens, i had the problem where crossepg would default back to the internal hdd after a day or two then i decided to swap the two usb drives i was using (cheap generic ones) for a couple of kingston drives. It's now been more than 2 months & crossepg is still pointing towards the usb drives. Nothing else as changed, im still using the same version of crossepg that i had the problem with & the same image.

Very strange how this happens, i had the problem where crossepg would default back to the internal hdd after a day or two then i decided to swap the two usb drives i was using (cheap generic ones) for a couple of kingston drives. It's now been more than 2 months & crossepg is still pointing towards the usb drives. Nothing else as changed, im still using the same version of crossepg that i had the problem with & the same image.

Do you power off the box of put in deep standby? If you do then you won't see the issue.

I need to try and figure out why crossepg doesn't update at all. Selected opentv 28.2, got usb flash disk in and selected in config, downloaded and restarted gui, but still nothing =[

Is the USB flash drive mounted? You can check if it is by using DCC.

I believe it is:

root@dm800:~# mount
rootfs on / type rootfs (rw)
/dev/root on / type jffs2 (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw)
sysfs on /sys type sysfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev type tmpfs (rw)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
/dev/sda1 on /media/usb type ext3 (rw,data=ordered)
usbfs on /proc/bus/usb type usbfs (rw)
tmpfs on /var/volatile type tmpfs (rw)
tmpfs on /dev/shm type tmpfs (rw)
root@dm800:~#

What settiings do you have in the file /usr/crossepg/crossepg.config, should have a line similar to db_root=/media/usb/crossepg
and in the file /etc/enigma2/settings, line should be config.misc.epgcachepath=/media/usb/

Last thing to try is also removing the crossepg folder on your USB stick.

What settiings do you have in the file /usr/crossepg/crossepg.config, should have a line similar to db_root=/media/usb/crossepg
and in the file /etc/enigma2/settings, line should be config.misc.epgcachepath=/media/usb/

Last thing to try is also removing the crossepg folder on your USB stick.

YES! I removed everything in "/media/usb/crossepg/" and ran the download again and it worked :)

Does that mean the USB got full up? Doesn't crossepg remove old files?

Teaf, how do you create the swap space on the USB stick again? I get failed updates and it always seem to be when the rams low :(

Sent from my telephone.

Teaf, how do you create the swap space on the USB stick again? I get failed updates and it always seem to be when the rams low :(

Sent from my telephone.

Her you go mate https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/284297/#post2098597

I actually ended up creating a 16mb swap in the end so just change 8192 to 16384, some people also recommend a 32mb swap, so 32768

The real answer is go and get yourself a Vu Duo clone as I've never had any problems with CrossEPG on this box, touch wood, :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Her you go mate https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/284297/#post2098597

I actually ended up creating a 16mb swap in the end so just change 8192 to 16384, some people also recommend a 32mb swap, so 32768

The real answer is go and get yourself a Vu Duo clone as I've never had any problems with CrossEPG on this box, touch wood, :)

Thanx mate your a true gent :D as for getting a vu, I'll try this for now as it's a cheaper option lol :)

Sent from my telephone.

Last edited by a moderator:
since adding a 32mb swapfile and using teafs changes i havent heard a peep from crossepg its been great :)

since adding a 32mb swapfile and using teafs changes i havent heard a peep from crossepg its been great :)

same here i'm still doing manual update but has worked every time i only reboot my box once a week just to clear memory, well happy with the work he has done top member.

Back